VCarve 101 Class - April 19th 7:00 P.M

As i have no idea how many students the purple room will hold the class will be first come first serve, so please arrive early enough to reserve yourself a spot.

Bring a laptop to get the most out of the class. If you have a project your currently working on bring that file as well and we can work on it during the class.

I do not know everything about v-carve but i know enough to be dangerous, the class will be interactive, so your input will be just as valuable as mine.

Class will be slated for 3 hours but could end earlier based on how fast we get through the software and questions. I will spend time with folks on their projects for the remainder of the time if need be.

1 Like

@bscharff

do you foresee this as an issue, @wandrson advised that I should check. Thanks in advance.

Rodney, you may want to check with infrastructure and see if they anticipate any problems with an entire class full of people accessing vcarve on the virtual machine server at the same time.

My understanding is that we have plenty of licenses, but I wonder if we have enough ‘oomph’ for that many people at the same time.

Thanks for thinking of me! :slight_smile:

I don’t think there will be any issues. I’ll be at DMS on Tuesday just in case :slight_smile:

Looking forward to the class. I am pretty sure I want to do a small virtual pinball cabinet for my first project, I know you’re the expert on cabinet building :wink:

will a mac work or does the software need window based operating system?

@mkart

I have used a linux laptop to remote desktop into our VCarve server so, a MAC should work fine.

Thanks for the assistance here Walter, appreciate it.

No problem. Helps me kill the time while I am on my daily conference calls…

Thanks! I plan to attend. I am completely ignorant of both the software and the CNC router. Hopefully this will get me moving in the right direction to eventually use it.

You will need an active directory account and you will need to have taken the Woodshop CNC class to have access to the software for this class to follow along. If your not familiar with using remote desktop software on the Mac, I suggest trying before the class (you don’t need to be at the space to connect to the machine).

Here is some information from the wiki that may help:

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/JumpServerFAQ

2 Likes

Good point here.

For those that are attending, to actively participate on a PC you will have to have taken the Woodshop CNC class prior to have access to the spaces licensed software. Or you might find a seat next to a member with access and share, should they be nice enough to allow you too. You can still attend the class and learn visually, and if you bring your own laptop and have not taken the class there is a trial version of the software available as well.