Vapor Hone issue

Today I came out to DMS to use the Vapor Hone to clean off a single part of some upholstery glue and some small amount of paint. The rubber hose has always been a bit crimped just above the nozzle, but was easy enough to straighten out to get the full flow of air, water, and zinc oxide material. Today, the hose was far more pinched and I had to hold the nozzle at an unusual angle just to get my small part cleaned. It appears that the hose is about ready to tear at this crimp and thought I should point it out before it does.

A possible solution would be just to cut off about three or four inches of the hose and move the hose clamp to get to some unmolested hose, but given that it is a high pressure line I didn’t think I should attempt to undertake the repair myself.

3 Likes

We should add this to the agenda for the next Metal Shop meeting – Vapor Hone maintenance.

Or, I suppose just tagging @Team_Metal_Shop might find a person who wants something to do…

I’ll fix it, if Freddy and Charley are ok with me doing the work, which I think they probably are. We’re waiting on the new air blade to blow the mist from the inside of the viewport to come in, and I’ll be installing that as soon as it gets here. Vapor hone should be much easier to use once that’s done.

2 Likes

Thank you. If you don’t mind would you post when you fix the hose issue, I have another part that needs blasting. I appreciate you volunteering to do the work!

Bob

1 Like

No problem, will do! I’m hoping to get some time to head to the 'Space later today and the hose fix is on my to-do list. I’ll post once it’s done.

2 Likes

@BobK:: The Vapor Hone hose has been fixed and tested. Should be good to go now. Enjoy!

1 Like