Using SDR software to trigger a macro

I have an SDR and can observe a pulse at a particular frequency, but I’m wondering if there is any particular SDR software that can fire an output of some kind OR make a log file of signal amplitude at a given frequency so that I can utilize a separate macro program to trigger based off of this (signal/amplitude pulse)?

Found out that the “SNR logger” plugin for SDRSharp enables storing a running CSV log of amplitude data for any given frequency. I should be able to trigger a macro off of the CSV data (eventually)

2 Likes

Does this SDR interface with something like a Pi?

It probably could but i think it was mainly designed for desktop/laptop users

There are other designs more suitable to pi and arduino

What do you mean by fire an output? Do you mean a GPIO pin? Or some sort of software process?

Software output

Ah. I’ll shut up then.

I wonder though if there is such a thing as a USB “breadboard” that I could connect to a laptop USB port to enable jumpering off of the laptops USB pins

To what end?

USB is funky and hard to work with. If you’re looking to control external IOs with USB then the easiest way will be to use USB—>Serial (like an FTDI) into something like a Pi Pico or Arduino, then use simple firmware there to trigger GPIOs based on serial input.

1 Like

Gotcha. Was just curious about that

Take a look at this. Basically what I’m talking about but already built for you :slight_smile:

Most popular Adafruit products have generic Chinese equivalents available on Amazon for ~50% lower price.

2 Likes