Using Public Transportation to Get to the Makerspace

I do not drive and I want to find a way to get to the Makerspace. I live right by the Farmers Branch Station at Mustang Apartments. Does anyone know a good public transportation route I could use?

Thank you
Allison Lowe

1 Like

533 bus

1 Like

There is a bus from FB Station that drops off during business hours during the week at Valwood and Diplomat/Monetary. There is another bus that leaves Downtown Carrollton station and drops off on Valwood and Hutton, again during business hours during the week only. DART On-Call can get you from FB Station to the Dairy Queen on Valwood, on the east side of I35, from 5AM-9PM on weekdays.

It is a 35 minute walk or a 12 minute bicycle ride from the FB Station to Dallas Makerspace.

3 Likes

Both 533 and 400 leave from Farmers Branch Station. 400 leaves from Downtown Carrollton Station. Below are Google Maps captures showing the routes, you will need to either use Google Maps or DART.org for schedules.

9 Likes

Allison,
I’m sure you will find any number of folks that could/would give you a ride home if needed. I and others have given members rides to auto parts stores, restaurants, home depot etc.

1 Like

My son or I often Dart to the Farmer’s Branch station. He walks to the space from there. When I do it, I call him (because he’s already there with the car) and he picks me up. The bus connection has been pretty much unusable… it’s too darn hard to schedule the connection, and takes too long once you are on it.

Maybe a combination of a train plus someone at the space who could make a quick run to the Farmer’s Branch location? Popping something to this forum asking for a ride in would probably work pretty quickly. Riding the Dart with your bicycle might be the sweet spot if you wanted to stay independent.