Used Prusa MK2 for sale

I know nothing about this except I saw the entry and wanted to pass it on. I bought a slightly used MK2S in January and have 1,700 hours on it with no problems.

Give us an update if you check on it or purchase it. Good luck!

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/ele/d/denton-prusa-i3-mk2-with-spare-parts/7234963741.html

2 Likes

At $400 for a used printer, it could be considered expensive, especially with 1700 hours of use on it.

1 Like

I know nothing more about the MK2 printer for sale than what is on the web page.

I was noting that my personal MK2S has 1,700 hours and is still going strong. I hope to use it for a very long time. Sorry for the confusion.

2 Likes

That is about 5 hours per day…

3 Likes

That sounds about right. It was printing when I posted this so I could not check the actual number. It turns out that the actual is a bit over 1,900.

What may be surprising is that I am not running a business. I’m retired and have been printing lots of sweeping nameplates, bible verse plaques, herringbone planetary gear spinners, treefrogs,… I started giving them freely to friends at church and others. Some contribute a few dollars and ask for nameplates for grand kids. I especially try to print something for folks with serious health problems. Income has about covered the cost of filament and we are having a lot of fun. So much fun that I got a Prusa Mini about three months ago that is staying busy also.

http://www.pamplin.com/3d/3d.pdf

3 Likes

Given that you can buy 2 Ender 3’s for that price right now ($157 at the Creality website) and still have $80 left over for accessories, upgrades, or filament, I’d say no - $400 for a used Prusa with a similar build volume isn’t worth it.

I recently bought an Ender 3 V2 for $239, and once trammed and calibrated, it’s a workhorse, and prints beautifully. It can be inexpensively upgraded in all sorts of ways as well, but works very well stock.

4 Likes

I sold my Mk2 for the same price a couple years ago, I think it might be a good deal for $300-350, they’re still rock solid printers and can be upgraded to the 2.5S kit

1 Like

I totally agree. I’m about to upgrade my MK2S to a MK2.5/S. Some will question why I would spend more than the cost of an Ender 3 to upgrade an old Prusa. It only has 1,900 hours on it so it has a long life expectancy ahead. This upgrade will add many of the features that have worked out great on the MK3S.

Update: I am not knocking the Ender 3 at all. It has found a great spot in the market and the folks I know that have one love it. I also have a Prusa Mini.