Urgent lift use approval,

So I took body tech in hs and my brothers a mechanic and can safely but cars on 4 prong lifts especially with roll in oads like ours, can anyone in automotive just kinda watch me make sure I’m doing it right if there’s anything I’m doing wrong kinda just say hey do this, so it doesn’t need to be a full class! Reason I ask is I’m now mid cv replacement and I’ve snapped bother my breaker bars connections trying to get the axial but off so I 100% need pneumatic access asap’ if someone can drive up the specifically I’ll pay for your trip and help!

If not I’ll just use jack stand which I have 4 myself so either way I’ll be there in 1:30 so If anyone can meet me for lift training I’ll compensate you cause you’d be awesome

So I don’t see anything in the rules but just want to double check, I’m allowed to work on my vehicle outside correct? It’ll be a 2 hr job ish so they’ll be no storage! Just want to double check this is allowed cause I have enough pneumatic line to link up all the way to our neighbors haha so I just want to check that’s ok cause I see both bays are currently in used

Everyone takes the class. There isn’t a test out for the lift, as we have a lot of things specific to our auto bays.

Stick with the jack stands for now until you can take a class

It is in the rules, and no you may not work on a vehicle outside as it is against our lease.

2 Likes

Where in the rules I didn’t see that I saw tools much stay on premise but didn’t see that, I’d just deel bad pulling car in and basically blocking the other 2 guys in till I finished so I’d prefer the lot but it’s a has to be done type situation so if I can’t do lot then it’s out of my hands

Disregard the bay is clear

1 Like

@Chris_Fazio I realize it is moot now, but the restriction on working outside is contained in our lease. We don’t need the landlord crawling up our asses. Glad you got into the bay.

2 Likes

Lol I would say I’m not so glad I got in the bay lol because all the force and all the kings men couldn’t get that axel but loose lol honeslty pneumatics with freeze spray, breaker bars with torches lol nothing honesly it’s so incredibly unmovable I’d honestly have a 50$ bounty to anyone to get it to come loose! But I completely understand the policy of now projects in the parking lot. Cause one changing a ball joint turns into an engine swap real fast lol

Hey Chris, did you get this sorted? There’s a new Ingersol Rand air impact in automotive now that might have a bit more juice. I assume the nut was staked? I’ve heard of people cutting the staked bit off if you can’t get it bent back out, never had to do it myself.

If that doesn’t work, I dunno, air hammer maybe?

Pretty sure we have a torque multiplier as well, which I’ve heard can be a miracle worker (never used one myself). I’ve also had to notch/chisel axel bolts off, but I come from the frozen north where salt does a number on everything.

I’ve seen south main auto attack some suspension parts and I’ll never see a rusted bolt the same way again.

1 Like

Yea got it all sorted, it involved me bending over and taking my hand and picking up the invoice, which I would classify the experience and assault and extortion but the dealership fixed the issue! But after getting it home I was on my way to work and apparently the boot completely came off slung grease everywhere and started grinding causing no power to the wheel so I pulled over admitted this was no longer anywhere near my wheelhouse and had it towed to the people who know what they’re doing and charge like hell for it! But it got sorted

1 Like

We should have a Milwaukee impact that would take it off. I think its the same impact I have for work. Something like 1400 ft lbs.

Ive have had the pleasure of using both a torque multiplier & a hydraulic torque wrench…let’s just call it a pleasure, yeah…

Yea I had a full sized pneumatic on full power and was laying on it for 30-45 secs! For multiple goes, so I imagine they had to use a big breaker bar with a 3ft cheater bar honestly cause it didn’t even budge under the guns power

Been there, done that, not fun at all. :frowning_face:

Never before have I run out of rubber gloves and then had to “wash my hands” with gloves on due to so much grease, and we’re talking 12 pairs, and then regressed it left the space and it came loose again and was like I feel bad but that’s yalls issue, and for what they charged me I don’t feel bad at all lol

1 Like