Updates to E Lab

For those who don’t know but might want/need to know:

The Hakko desoldering gun has a new tip and filter. And spares.
Tips: Don’t crank the heat all the way up. Plan your stay in the Lab so that you can allow the gun to cool off enough so you can put it back in its case.
And yes we need a sturdy stand/holder for this tool. A possible project for Machine/Metal shop.

May have mentioned this before. E Lab has a DeWalt heat gun. It does a really good job of removing ics, sockets, etc. from boards. Recommend using the 20A outlet that hangs down from the ceiling. It will trip the outlet strip breakers on the benches if you crank the heat way up. To speed up cool down return the heat setting back to its minimum setting and watch the temp gauge.

Some of small screwdrivers were returned…with friends. Just weird.:smirk:

Remember to clean up and return tools and equipment back to where they came from.
Thanks

5 Likes

Art, I have a pair of strippers that apparently belong to the e-lab in my storage bin. I thought they were someone’s & wanted to be sure they made it back to that member. It turns out they were electronics.

Please return them to the Lab toolbox at your earliest convenience.
Thanks!

I’m sure I wasn’t the only one who chuckled upon reading that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Perhaps it’s time to run a class on how to properly use a desoldering iron.

There are some tips to help with getting the part desoldered cleanly without scrubbing/lifting pads off the board. Also, cleaning and maintenance should be covered.

Does anyone know when the next ham antenna party will be?

I was thinking when the WX looks a little nicer, but before it gets hot. The 18th-19th or 25th-26th look open on my calendar.

Thanks Zach Andy ParcelAP Engineering Service1360 Presidential #140Richardson TX 75081
cell phone 214-695-0132fax 972-234-5590

I dropped my personal storage box and this fell out. Who has been borrowing my strippers?

2 Likes