Update prerequisites for ceramics

Trying to sign up for a throwing class and it’s asking for pottery wheel prerequisite. I’ve never taken an official class but am already familiar with all the safety, clean-up, etc. I also already have a pretty basic handle on throwing. Would like to be able to sign up for this class. Thanks~

You might PM the instructor – @AvalancheOfFox

Which class? I’m pretty sure the two I have posted for December already filled. Planning on putting up two more soon as there seems to be interest. Any particular requests?

When i get home i will get you approved :+1:t2:

1 Like

I know I was assuming it was the Throwing a Bottle – that’s where I picked up your name. It was the first open class on the Calendar…

I have you on the list now. Please try again

1 Like

Do another throwing bottle one please or something similar. I’m heading out of town the next day, so couldn’t sign up (have to pack). Would love to do a class in January though.

It was the throwing a bottle class!

I think I’m having the same problem, it says I don’t have the prerequisite, but I’ve taken a couple throwing project classes at DMS (sake set, orchid pot) and I’ve got 3 semesters of college ceramics under my belt. Can I also get the pottery wheel prerequisite waived?

Edit: this is in reference to the throwing a bottle class

Bottle class does not currently have a cap on the attendance but the 12/3 class is full. Will be adding another bottle class for the weekend following the first.

Due to demand and overfilling the first class by accident (my mistake, forgot to set a cap on attendance after first event expired before I could submit it), added a second class for Bottle Throwing on 12/12 from 2-4 pm.