Upcoming wire jewelry bezel pendant classes

Just a heads up to folks that have been asking, I just submitted a couple of wire jewelry classes focused on bezel pendant wrapping. Basically, it’s a frame that leaves the front and back of the object open, and can have interesting construction variations.

This may particularly be of interest to folks taking fused dichroic glass for jewelry, and those making resin jewelry. Plus it’s lovely for shiny rocks :heart:

@meanbaby
@Edenblue

So, they oughta hit the calendar 9:30-10pm or so, 72 hours from now (so, on Saturday night).

Tues Feb 5, 2019, 6-9:30 purple room
Fri Feb 22, 2019, 6-9:30 purple room

Here’s a few examples of the style and some variations. We’ll be doing the basic mechanics of the simpler one that’s on the far right in the image below, different stone. But here’s a few variations.

9 Likes

Very nice. Hoping I can make this one Jeannie!

1 Like

Awesome!!!

1 Like

yea! I really need help with this. Thank you!

1 Like

Yea! I’l be watching for the class.

1 Like

In all your free time [LOL]
I’d love to learn the technique you used for doing this flat.
You showed us a pic of a butterfly, and I have another shape I’d love to figure out how to do.

1 Like

The butterfly is a swirly thing. You just have to decide on shape and play around. Trick with swirls is making it viney and organic vs snarled tangle :slight_smile:

The more clean geometric shapes, main thing is keep the wires side by side and you HAVE to shape as you go or it’ll buckle.

I usually draw a “cartoon” as a guide (much like guide used in tapestry weaving.

It’s a lot of pick it up put it down pick it up put it down pick it up put it down pick it up put it down pick it up put it down pick it up put it down. Time consuming but can do cool stuff.

We can talk if you’re attempting something specific and I might could suggest some approaches

2 Likes