Upcoming class - Embroidery programming 6/4/2018

I have scheduled a class for Programming Machine Embroidery using the SewArt64 software that we have in Creative Arts.

Monday, 6/4
7 pm
in the Lecture Hall

It won’t be visible on the calendar until 10:00 AM this coming Monday, 5/14.

This is not a patch-specific class but you will learn the appropriate techniques to program one.

@ladysandry, @pendragyn, @axeonos, @jeff648, @Webdevel, @texantrinity, @sinless … all of you had previously expressed an interest in this.

I need two things from attendees. First, I need a volunteer to help me set up and tear down. I need to move the no-login computer from the east wall of CA into the Lecture Hall, hook it up to project, and then move it back after the class (due to licensing, this is the only computer that can be used). Second, this is the beta version of this class. I’d appreciate it if attendees are willing to spend 15 minutes after the class offering specific feedback and critique to improve this class offering for a larger audience.

15 Likes

Excellent. I’ve blocked my calendar for this, and I’d be happy to help setup and break down.

4 Likes

I’m also very interested in this class! I used to work for a big embroidery company, but they didn’t want to train me to digitize.

1 Like

I, also, would like to get in on this class. what’s the class size limit?

Anyone under 7’ tall.
:wink:

Eight persons.

7 Likes

Well, be advised that the programming software we have is rather, ummm, rudimentary. Sort of the embroidery equivalent of MS-Paint.

However, having said that, with a little diligence you can program reasonably complex images.

3 Likes

I tried out the Sew64 demo at home. It SEEMED easy, but there’s a lot about embroidery I still don’t know.

It is easy, but it has a bunch of quirks. We’ll talk about how to optimize your image and your programming to deal with some of those.

2 Likes

Thanks, @John_Marlow, keeping an eye out for this class to post. Does this software have an option to import from AI/EPS?

Great! I definitely need some help. I tried to use one I created that looked OK on screen but had odd gaps between all the ‘zones’

1 Like

It can import images of various types but it doesn’t understand vectors per se. It can, however, import and understand svg files but I don’t know whether it is reading the vector portion or the “filled image” portion.

I just set a reminder for Monday morning :smiley:

2 Likes

please remind me, I would love to take the class!

1 Like

What version SewArt is it?

Count me in. For sure.

1 Like

That’s one of the quirks I do specifically address.

This class is live and on the calendar …

@John_Marlow @Webdevel @tombakerftw @Lordrook @ladysandry @sinless @Josh_Melnick @axeonos

3 Likes

thanks I signed up! can’t wait to take it

Well that filled up quick! I’ll try and catch the next one.

I tried to let everyone in this thread know it was available as soon as I saw it.