Upcoming class - Embroidery programming 6/4/2018

No worries, I appreciate it. Definitely shows that there’s a big interest here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks to having to work until 6am today I missed it. Oh well, there’ll be another one sometime.

@john_marlow,
Have you considered using a screen-sharing system like GoToMeeting or Join.me to remotely view the no-login computer from the classroom without physically disconnecting/moving/reconnecting/using/disconnecting/moving back/reconnecting?

You could put a sign on the CA PC saying “in use for class” during the screen-share/remote desktop access. I’d be a little cumbersome to set up the meeting, launch it, connect from the classroom, and request/grant remote control of the other desktop, but that all sounds easier than the physical moving of the PC.

It does sound interesting, but it actually sounds like moving the computer will be easier.

I will need to remember to have my files on it and off the network drive however …

1 Like

Wouldn’t RDP work? (Says the dude who knows nothing about the PC on either end…)

Jorge, are you still available to help me set up Monday evening?

1 Like

Absolutely. And a bunch check of characters

2 Likes

Unfortunately I have had an emergency pop up and will not be able to attend tonight’s class. I have already cancelled, but wanted to post here in case someone from this thread can take the spot.

1 Like

I planned on going standby, thanks :slight_smile: I hope your emergency goes smoothly.

Please register in Robert’s place.

EDIT: Nevermind.

1 Like

Oops, sorry, that was me that snagged the spot.

I’m so sorry Chris. I have a family thing that came up just a while ago. I won’t be able to make this class tonight. Anyone else attending, are you able to help Chris get the computer moved from CA to the other room??

If I make it there in time I’ll definitely be able to help, but generally I arrive between 6:30 and 7 when taking classes on weekdays so it may not be wise to wait on me.

I just snagged a spot, and I’ll try to help get things set up.

1 Like

Barring something blowing up at work (knock on wood) I should be able to get there by 6:30 and help move the system.

I appreciate any help that anyone can give me. Moving he computer is the least of my concerns . I have no clue how to hook it up.

@BarkingChicken is a class attendee and should be able to help you.

1 Like

Family emergency came up. I have to go down to Austin to be with my mom. Sorry for the inconvenience, I hope someone can take my place. :frowning:

Sorry. We missed you. Hope your Mom is OK.

How did the class go? I’m still recover from surgery, but hope to make the next one. I already know how to digitize in PE-Design and Embird; looking forward to learning new software.

1 Like