Up for grabs! Cancelling my attendance to Gold Luster/Overglaze

Hello all,

I am about to cancel my class on Wednesday, January 15 @ 6:30p for the gold luster/overglaze class. Thought I could get a piece done in enough time but alas, I have not. May the odds ever be in your favor…

1 Like

I plan to also be putting up a second class a few days after this one. I wanted to let people know too, that if they have lusters of their own, they don’t have to take the class… They can just put their pieces in the firing. I will be trying to get a project shelf soon for these pieces. I am thinking we are probably going to do a cone 019 firing for this so that it’s kind of in the middle of the temps required for the different lusters. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I haven’t been to meetings in a while or honestly been up there much for creating purposes, but if there’s enough interest a special shelf - that would be super! I actually got a kiln several months back for home but haven’t quite used it yet. Tip maybe if the shelf idea comes to fruition, probably denoting what type is used and “safe” handling spots. I bought some mother of pearl I intend to fire at home sometime in the future, but that one I believe is 022 if I recall right and have to be very careful to not touch with hands anywhere that the mother of pearl has been applied (per the tips of those at Trinity and American Ceramics). Edit: setting the middle temps though may work just as well, I just haven’t ever tried yet to see what it does

1 Like