Unsafe at Any Speed - Vehicle and Driver Safety Discussion

I am telling you that you ARE. You are about two steps away from an actual threat, and I’m telling you that I don’t find this line of questioning acceptable.

I get what you’re trying to say, but make your point some other way.

Sorry, but I am not ‘questioning’ anything any longer. I am simply telling you that if you own a business you are violating a combination of laws and regulations. Knowing the specifics of what you do, I could guess some of them, but agree that would not be appropriate.

I AM NOT threatening you in any way, and frankly don’t see how you can even perceive that. Now I will say, if your claim is that all regulations are fair and justified, then I suggest someone remind you of that when one of them comes and bites you in the nether regions. Which it will if you stay in business long enough.

Daniel,

Let’s bring this down a notch. Walter hasn’t made any threats, only guesses based on his previous experience. He could be completely wrong, but your escalation of this is not helping matters. You’re free to ignore this thread if you wish.

I forgot how pointless these discussions are.

A statement as simple as

“I find your comments about my situation personally offensive, please find another way to make your argument.”

is met with

NUH UH!

Edit: Hey look! I just earned the “First Flag” Badge!

Also, acknowledging that what you could say is inappropriate, then talking about it, is a super dick move.

2 Likes

If you had actually said that I would have dropped it. But that is not what you wrote.

Your childish ‘Nuh Uh’ is indicative of how you have exited debates before when you don’t like that your arguments fail. I suggest that perhaps you should avoid debate since you don’t seem to enjoy it.

I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but when people disagree with you, you pretty much just keep talking until they get mad at you and leave. It’s not a debate when you don’t consider what other people are saying.

I’m just the dumb f*ck who gets suckered into it all the time.

1 Like

Look Walter, I don’t think you’re a bad guy. In person you’re really helpful and knowledgeable. But I feel like you’re not listening to the things I’m saying, and I’m finding it difficult to not get angry about the way you’re approaching this.

Daniel, there is a difference between listening (which I do) and agreeing with. I keep debating until we agree to stop or agree on the topic. It is rare that two people who start out disagreing will rarely come to agreement. The purpose of debate is the same purpose of baseball, football, etc… It is the activity itself which is of value.

How could my arguments possibly fail when there is no chance that they will be persuasive? That’s not debate, that’s just arguing.

That’s like playing basketball with a cover on the hoop.

I didn’t say there was no possibility, just that I haven’t been convinced, and that I don’t enter these debates to change my opponents mind or for him to change mine (though that has happened occasionally in the past).