Unrelated Event Scheduled in the ELab

Somewhat related w/ links

Cannot unsee this…:scream_cat:

6 Likes

If I am teaching a sewing class am I not reserving those tools for that time? Art you seem to have a lot of time on your hands this morning as well… I could use your help today as well at the space. :blush:

1 Like

We allow reservations for classes, but not for personal use. Lets say, I want to construct a few cabinets, could i reserve the woodshop for say six hours? No one, not on my ‘team’ could use any of the tools in the shop?

Well it’s after 2:00p and I haven’t heard anything from anyone.
Putting in a request to cancel the event.

3 Likes

Just make a film about it at the same time.

5 Likes

Companies have been known to pay the big bucks for product placement…

I cancelled the shoot in the Electronics Room. I was the one who brought this to Art’s attention. He did not go around looking for trouble. After the recent incident with the Creative Arts Studio, I have decided that the committee chair should be involved whenever a substantial amount of time is reserved in committee space not related to the mission of that committee.

2 Likes

Will you let Zee know or will she get an email saying such?

I sent e-mail. Unfortunately, the calendar system did not give me a chance to enter a reason when cancelling an event or non-honorarium class. I had to get Stan to give me her e-mail address since the calendar system also did not give me any means to contact her.

2 Likes

Greetings! I got an email from Bill yesterday about my reservation being canceled. He suggested I contact the Electronics Chair. I took a day to think more about timing, then I went to the Wiki in search of an email address, then thought to check TALK, and that’s when I became aware of this thread, now several days old.

It was not my intent to monopolize the Electronics Lab. In fact, I talked to several people about it, wondering when would be a good time. Then I made a day/time decision, thinking that if it were a really bad time, someone would let me know during the 48-hour waiting period.

I was aiming for a 3-to-4-hour block of time, to be safe, later in the evening/night, when I hoped fewer people would be using it.

I would not have expected other areas to be quiet just for me to film.

I generally avoid logos of all kinds because of trademark/copyright/etc. issues.

This is a passion project, not a commercial one.

It’s a narrative short film—all fiction, 3 minutes long. However, I would include mentions and links to the DMS.

I’m in the process of editing 3 videos I’ve filmed of makers at DMS, none of them to be used commercially. In every case, the makers sing the praises of the DMS.

I’ve already made a video of people making things at the DMS. No one told me it was inappropriate. I’ve also been tagging photos/videos of events there, trying to promote the space. I’m not trying to exploit in any way.

Also, for one of the things I’ve filmed at DMS, the Electronics Lab had been reserved even earlier in the evening, although on different weeknight. That was in the back of mind when I made my reservation, but the situation was different.

I now see that I made several mistakes, and I apologize. It won’t happen again.

Thank you.

5 Likes

Contact Art @artg_dms

I am confident you can work something out.

On a lighter note I think I will make this a poster at work with his permission

The biggest thing is that there is a recurring issue of committee areas being booked for unrelated or tangentially related activities without getting clearance from committee chairs.

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning my username on this thread! :wave: If you hadn’t known I was hosting the reservation and hadn’t done so, I wouldn’t have even seen this thread, let alone known about the recurring issue. :blush: