Two of these mugs have been waiting for bisque fire since January

I know there is a lot going on. I’ve notified everyone that loads the last few weeks as one was for bday present. Could we look at a more favorable system of fire schedules?

2 Likes

Johnny, this is the first time I’m hearing about this. Now with the two kilns up and running we can start firing daily if needed. This shouldn’t be an issue from now on, but we can talk about possible solutions to ensure this doesn’t keep happening at the next committee meeting.

3 Likes

Wonderful suggestion. During the last committee meeting it was discussed to schedule firing based on date of putting item on shelf and generally improving flow for all members.

Thank you for implementing actionable proposals such as putting the suggestion box in the department! Looking forward to the kiln training and several new possibilities opening up for members.

1 Like

When I was clearing the shelves on Sunday, there were two of these mugs and a babies head on the in progress shelf in the very back, second from the top shelf. I remember specifically because I thought they looked bisque fired before I realized they weren’t. FYI

Maybe stickers for the week would work? Next firings are that color code? Something along those lines.

One with baby head was fired it is in my storage. One got knicked and thrown away during the squeeze a few weeks ago. When mine were moved to the back left middle shelf behind all the kids sculptures.

I was wondering, if maybe every time we loaded a kiln, the things that didn’t make it into that load got a star. Then you could see how many firings each item didn’t make it in, and then be sure to load the items with the most stars first.

But hopefully it’s not as big of an issue since we’re going to run two kilns now. :slight_smile: If we keep up the pace of the schedule on the calendar this week, I’ll bet things get fired a lot faster!

5 Likes

Maybe a sign in register with produce date and member logo. (Unless its a major commercial production).

One thing that used to happen was that items were loaded from the bottom shelf up, and then the pieces that remained were moved down. Fairly simple to accomplish. Doesn’t rely on one’s memory about what was where when. Functional even with multiple disjointed loading people.

3 Likes