Twisted Root Maker Meet up - Wednesday Aug 1, 2018 6:30-9PM

Hey guys,

It’s time we got together and had a burger don’t you think? I’ve been able to get DMS a night of fundraising at Twisted Root - 10% of the proceeds of the night will be given to DMS for the fellowship fund. A nice little way to be social and also raise a few dollars for the scholarship kitty. Please consider coming out to dinner on Wednesday night for a bit of socializing and, in turn, contributing back to DMS. I’ll make up a quick poster and hopefully come out and put them up around the space. @Team_PR

PS we aren’t buying your dinner people - nor your beer - just wanted to clarify that.

https://www.twistedrootburgerco.com/locations/carrollton

1111 South Main Street, Suite 1210, Carrollton, TX 75006
214-449-8498

menu

@Team_Moderators can you please pin till August 1st 10p

Moderator administrative edit: Start time is now 6:30pm. Make sure to tell the Cashier you’re with DMS so we get credit.

14 Likes

Free Beer!!! Wonderful …

Just Kidding … sounds like a good event. When will it be?

1 Like

Wednesday Aug 1st 6-9pm

2 Likes

What do you think about this poster?

9 Likes

Looks good to me!

1 Like

PERFECT … so good … love it

2 Likes

You should be able to post it here too …

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wp-admin/post-new.php

1 Like

Can someone explain the fellowship fund to me?

I only heard of it recently and I wasn’t able to find a related wiki article.

3 Likes

Very good question. It’s a fund set-aside to “gift” to members who do something. It pays for membership for a month or two as a thank you. Nominations are considered at the board meeting (you need to submit them on the adjenda).

It was going a bit dry a bit ago and every once and again and we were able to raise some money into the account - for instance the silent auction at the picnics has raised money for it. I just saw this opportunity and decided it would be an easy thing to wrap into a meetup/dinner. I’ll look for other opportunities as well possibly do it every other month or something.

5 Likes

Awesome! I’m sure I don’t just speak for myself when I say thank you for all you do for the DMS community.

3 Likes

Meh. I just like to have some fun.

4 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Right now they’re serving pork as their game meat selection. :slight_smile:

Sounds like fun. I’ll try to make it.

Don’t forget buffalo (bison) good stuff.

2 Likes

Speaking of fun…(maybe for your next pool party) somehow this image and YOU go together…

3 Likes

I’m totally down to try this. I’m sure it will go off without a hitch.

2 Likes

I might try it, but with a drysuit and a helmet … haha

I think it would end up like a fish in a blender…not well.

2 Likes