Turning SIG Meeting, October 2022

Hey @SIG_Wood-Turning and others who are interested,

I got super busy and missed the Sept meeting, sorry about that.

any major objections to having the next meeting on Oct 29th?

Could we possibly do the 30th?

We could, but my Sundays tend to be super booked so its harder for me. Lets see what the consensus is.

I am okay with either day.

Looks like the 29th is the only day I can make it, sorry if that doesn’t end up working for everyone.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/18776

2 Likes

I’ll be out of town for the meeting! Have fun. Any chance we can start a list of items needed for the lathe areas? I’ve got a small list going that includes replacement lead screws for the Jet and OneWay as well as MT2 drive centers and a few HSS tool items.

Sorry was out of town. I agree we ahould start a list. I know we need mote carbide cutter heads and a new pen press. I have a fairly cheap solution to the cutter heads too. Ive been getting 10 packs of the generic ones for about $30 a pack

1 Like

I recently bought a cheap pen press that uses the lathe that i really like much better than the pen press dms has. Its like two white block that slide into each end and one end has a little metal stick to help you keep it lined up.

That sounds interesting, do you have a link?

1 Like

I’ll have to try that out, thanks for sharing!

Also, to the group at large, unless someone else can run the meeting I will need to cancel. We had a death in our family and I will be super busy with that for the next few weeks.