Tucker Electronics liquidation auction ENDS 6/12 SOON!

Here’s a (poorly) categorized listing of the contents of “formaly” (formerly?) Tucker Electronics, a local test equipment distributor, now going up for auction. Some of the stuff closes in less than 12 hours. It looks like you’ll have to go by blurry pictures of contents since not a lot of stuff is well-described. For instance, they have Lambda LH124FM power supplies listed as “LANBDA ELECTRONICS B5829” [sic].

http://unitedcountryscs.hibid.com/catalog/134141/formaly-tucker-electronics-online-only-auction/

Nothing’s going for very much money at present; still lotsa stuff with zero bids. Happy bidding!

3 Likes

Stuff was going stupidly cheap all through the auction. Many of the auction lots were going with zero bids or for first bid of $6 only. Very few items were bringing much money. I would have been in real trouble if I had the extra space and money to get more than a few items. I could have easily bought probably enough electronic components to fill 1/3 of Tanners for maybe $500 total…

I showed great restraint and picked up the platform lift cart, Kepco 0-55v 0-10a power supply for $6, a Solder-Aid SA-150 desoldering station for $14 and a bunch of misc soldering stuff for $8, a mountain of parts bins full of assorted parts for dirt cheap, a bunch of Simpson analog multimeters for $6 total… Will post a picture of the haul tomorrow when I go pick it up… I figured the platform lift cart would help save my back picking up heavy stuff off the floor to put on a high up shelf as it lifts to about 6 foot. Would come in handy if I ever need to setup or take apart a bingo or pitch-and-bat game with the running man unit in the backbox. The backboxes on them can weigh 200+ pounds.

Did anyone else buy anything from this auction?

2 Likes

You are right, everything went real cheap. I restrained myself and got only 3 lots. 1). Box of threading tools for $10. 2). Box of various other tools including hole punches for $6. 3). Set of 2 LCD TV wall mounts (brand new) for $12.

When I previewed the sale, I did not see those Simpson meters that you got, I thought they were all Triplett’s. If you did get some Simpson meters in the batch then I’d be glad to see if I need any of them to fill in my collection of Simpson Meters. Maybe we can make a deal on them.

About 4 years ago I bought the entire stock of Simpson meters, manuals and repair parts from Tucker. They didn’t have that many meters at the time, I was mostly after the documentation and repair parts they had. I have over 200 Simpson analog meters in my collection. Check out The Simpson Museum as I helped put that together.

As it turns out, many lots didn’t sell. They encouraged me to come down and make offers on whatever didn’t sell. :wink: However, if I understood the lady correctly, they were going to try to start listing lots for sale again starting tomorrow. (Hopefully they write things down correctly this time. :stuck_out_tongue:)

You were the one who outbid me on the two LCD mounts and the box of threading tools… :stuck_out_tongue:

I was focused on making sure I won the big yellow lift cart in a bidding war so I let the others go…

The yellow lift cart was about 60% of my total cost of items. Today I ended up making offers on several of the unsold lots and will be going back tomorrow to collect them. Got all 6 lots for $6 per lot. Three shelving units contents for some old test gear I wanted. A pile of Pace desoldering station units and two other lots of misc soldering irons and accessories. Truck was too full to haul them and I ran out of time while on lunch to grab anymore. It is hot in the warehouse so drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. I didn’t…

There will be a bunch of assorted parts bins and misc stuff that I did not want that will be landing on the free shelf tonight. Probably some good picking for people interested in electronic parts and parts drawer cabinets.

I believe you are right. I think I overheard them talking about relisting the unsold lots to try and get them liquidated. I have to go back tomorrow for the rest of my additional purchases I made while there.

The unsold list was still quite long. Tomorrow is the last day of the liquidation before it all gets scrapped or trashed. If there is something you are interested in contact them ASAP in the morning after 9am. There were shelves full of large can type capacitors and many other parts. I referred them to contact Jim or Jimmy at Tanners and see if they wanted to make a deal on any of the stuff before it was disposed of…

I tried the link in the first post, but couldn’t see any of the auction items. Apparently the relisting hasn’t happened yet.