Try not to laugh - how do you figure out what’s making noise at your house?

I have had what sounds like a distant dribbling basketball in the wall/roof of my above garage office. It’s been 2 years never found out what it is. There’s no pipes near there, the only thing I can think of is the house power cables meet at that corner of the roof

We had weird noise in our house, sounded like a scampering whatsit. Never able to prove it, but our wall geckos sometimes are VERY LARGE and I’m convinced it was they. As household nuisances go, I’ll take those. The still elimate inappropriately, but don’t generally chew up wires and insulation for their bedding… The rat, on the other hand, got professionally exterminated. Once I spotted those droppings, no chances taken; Frank Castle was called in, and that little so-and-so got Punished for his transgressions. :skull:

2 Likes

@uglyknees What’s number one son’s favorite movie - call them.

Sooo it’s kinda gone away. I assure you I’m of (kinda-sorta) sound mind.

2 Likes

a bit of fox piss on cotton balls put is the attic (urine for the overly sensitive ears) will keep most varmints out of the attic

The old feed mill in Lewisville used to carry it in bottles (I never asked how they got the fox pee in the bottle tho)

4 Likes

If you have pet foxes, they pee on everything constantly for any reason (excitement, fear, marking) and wild foxes are similar.

So you can just put a container out near where one marks and get a lot. It also has a distinctive smell so it’s easy to find where they mark.

1 Like

No pets for me …
a hedgehog or a skunk would be cool to see if it were someone else’s

1 Like

De-fumed, they’re allegedly much like a cat. However, cats are far easier to acquire and care for than skunks.

u sure u got cat, dude?

3 Likes

Relative to dogs they’re fire-and-forget - at least mine are. So long as they have sufficient food, water, and cat litter they’re mostly self-maintaining.

3 Likes

Dogs don’t have a sense of vengeance? Tell that to my letter carrier! :smiley:

de-fumed - had to chuckle that is a perfumed way of putting it!

for me it’s usually finding which smoke detector has the dying 9 v battery…