Trump may not build a wall but we will

see this? This is NOT where the simulator was left. And I know it isn’t because it was being used. I’m noticing people are using the machine shop as access to the vertical storage. Which I wouldn’t care except for cases like this. More importantly, they are in the shop with open toed shoes and not safety glasses while accessing the shelf. SO, I think it’s time to take care of that problem. Is there anyone that can pick up 2 sheets of cheap plywood which we can mount to the back of the vertical storage rack? I will re-imburse you immediately (plus gas) and throw in your favorite soft drink in the galley. I wish I could do it, but Kia does’t support much size.
Just let me know. Thanks!

1 Like

Come to the Workshop Re-Configure Meeting and lobby for the storage to be moved: https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/3045

Thanks for sharing that Bill. I wasn’t aware this was taking place, and it looks like it’s just intended for committee chairs. @dpgalla will you please reach out to the committee chairs to make sure they know and can plan to attend or send a proxy? Not everyone checks the calendar for stuff like this.

1 Like

I have the same complaints, the door to hatcher’s is always blocked by someone’s crap left in automotive, then pushed to the back of machine shop. I’ll push it into machine shop for now on, so I can have security cam complaints.

Nick, how thick of cheap plywood do you want? I’m close to a Home Depot and own a pickup truck.
I’m happy to pick this up for you if you’re serious about wanting it.

2 Likes

Thanks Dan,
If we could wall off the walk way between machine shop and auto I would so do it. That corner of our shop is a waste land.

The handle @Committee + Chairs exists. I’ll let someone in command use it, though.

I’d say 1/4" is more than fine we are looking for a barrier only, not strength. C-D grade would be fine.

Just low grade 3/4" will work

Spend thrift!..

Why push it into the machine shop? If you clearly know it’s from automotive push it there else it is you that is dumping into MS and would be caught on video. If it is someone from MS then help us identify them so we can address it

good to know that. I’ll make myself available for that and rsvp

Heavy! How about 1/4?

you never know what we might end up hanging on it, so best to go better than 1/4"

2 Likes

Because you check cams auto just pushes it in front of Hatchers. Maybe y’all would go back far enough to catch the person that left it there. I don’t have access to any cameras.

as long as no one tunnels under our wall we’re ok. No barbed wire necessary.

It better have a big beautiful door (to my shelf)!

Ok. Nick, I’m going to Home Depot this weekend. Just to clarify you want me to pick up two sheets of something like this: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Pine-Plywood-Common-23-32-in-x-4-ft-x-8-ft-Actual-0-688-in-x-48-in-x-96-in-799397/202677224

yes. construction grade is good enough. thank you. I’ll be there Saturday eve to teach a class.

AR 500 steel. Lol. That will keep us safe.