Trinity Clay Sale

It’s that time again! The winter Trinity Ceramics Sale is here.

9016 Diplomacy Row, Dallas 75247
Store hours: 9am-5pm M-F, open first Sat of the month 9am-12pm

Excellent prices, awesome people, groovy possibilities.

Jan 16 - Feb 3
Prices per 25# bag

Trinity: $8.25
T-Mix: $9.00
Armadillo: $9.00
Laguna: $10.75
(Grolleg porcelains not on sale)

5 Likes

I really need to get my hands muddy again, been too long!

2 Likes

Sweet, those are great prices!

Is there any place besides Trinity to get clay? Perhaps if someone wanted to get some on the weekend?

Thanks

Hm, I believe American in Fort Worth is open until noon on Saturdays which isn’t that helpful for you this weekend, but for the future, maybe!

There is Lonestar in Murphy, I don’t know if they do any non-online sales, but might be worth a phone call.

If you just need cone 6 stoneware, you can check the free clay box in Fired Arts (under the largest grey cabinet). If it is low, I can replenish it Sunday morning.

(In general, if anyone notices it has gotten low, give me a shout and I can replenish it! It sometimes gets hit hard and sudden, :slight_smile: )

Hey there,

Thanks for the response. I was in for a class on Thursday I believe and it was low and also hard. I wanted to bring my own so I could contribute and as soon as I get a chance I will but I would greatly appreciate it if you could replenish it for now. I wanna practice making stuff.

Awesome! Practice is, as always, the key. I’m stoked to have more clay people.

If you notice the clay is hard, a couple of things to do:

1. Make sure the towel is damp.
  2. Spray down the hard clay with one of the water bottles.
  3. Make sure the bin is latched properly.

I’ll also attach this list to the top of the bin. If you see someone tossing hard clay straight in, help them out with re-dampening.

Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks for the tips! Yeah I made a little espresso cup with some of the hard clay on thursday but since it was hard it was somewhat more difficult to work (atleast that’s what Beth said as I have no experience lol). I’ll be there tomorrow during the class time and I wanted to see about trimming and firing it.

Trimming is what takes pieces from ‘generic’ to stylish and touchable. It’s my favorite part!

Exception: Those amazing throwers that get it in one. (I hate them, I do, lol.)

Trinity is open the first Sat of every month till noon

Store Hours 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday. Open first Saturday of every month from 9:00am to Noon, except holiday weekends. Closed on major holidays and Christmas through New Years.

You also might check the college bookstores at Brookhaven and Northlake They will often carry some clay,

There is also Texas Pottery in Ft Worth

Texas Pottery Supply & Clay Co.
Jill & Greg Davis

4401 Garland Drive, Haltom City, Texas 76117
Phone: 817.503.2022

FAX: 817.503.2112

Business Hours: Mon – Thurs 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Fridays: 9am-4pm We are open selected Saturday’s each month 9:00-12:00 Call for information!

Andy you can order my mail if you need to from either on or other places like Arnadillo in austin

1 Like

Yeah, we’re definitely low. And – someone has evidently dropped the box. The back corner is cracked. The towel was still quite damp, so the lid may have covered most of the crack, but it probably needs to be replaced. Or substantially duct-taped.

Is the free clay all new clay now? Or are we still recycling? What clay body is the free clay?

It was just to hard for my peeps to use, so I have been providing it for them.

It is primarily new stoneware plus whatever is randomly donated.

I wonder if we could get some of the wooedshop folks to make a small bin
which be lined with thick plastic

Beth sort of like the one at Northlake bu shorter

1 Like

The current box is fine, I’ll fix the crack tomorrow. If the towel was wet but the clay was dry then that means folks are tossing dry clay into the bin. That’s just an education problem, I’ll make a sign for the bin.