Training on snap/grommet pressers?

Is there any sort of training/class that one needs to have (or can get if desired) to use the manual snap and grommet/rivet pressing tools?
I’ve seen the bins of all the types of anvils and dies and the two different styles of press and just want to know what to use when, and how to get it right the first time.

Thanks!

P.S.: Also, is it possible to request a new tool for the 'Space? While the desk-type of press may help with my projects, a manual hand-held adjustable-throat clincher would be more useful, I believe. (to me, anyway; and I would hope to others as well, of course) something like the one in this picture. It would allow rivet/grommet installation on items one cannot place on a desk or maneuver into a horizontal position.

If this is more appropriate to ask the automotive or metal shop group, please let me know.

If you have been through the leather basics class, feel free to use any of the leather tools.

If you haven’t, let me know and i can walk you through it. As for new tools, bring that up to the committee.

1 Like

Any idea when the next leather basics class is? Or how often they’re scheduled? Thank you.