Training Needed

Hello! My brother and I are in need of training on the equipment here. Sundays work best but we are flexible on scheduling.

Which specific equipment? Do you have any prior machining experience?

We dont have any manual machining experience but I have used the programmed ones before. I dont have any specific machine in mind. I will eventually want training on all of them. For now whatever is easiest to accommodate you/the trainers will work for us!

Here is the link in the about. It tells you mostly how to go about training. We are in the process of getting things switched over to Moodle to make it more automated.

The other is https://learn.dallasmakerspace.org/login/index.php

1 Like

I’m interested in training on the Colchester; I saw your link to the self study, quiz, and email for answer submission. After completing the self study, is there an in-person component? If so is this currently offered? If not, I’ll just hold off on getting started; I’d prefer to complete the self study and in-person sections close together so I don’t forget everything from one portion to the next.

There’s a handful of us that can do the in person for the lathes. I’d normally offer but I’m out of town for a couple weeks.

Some others that may be able to help if they’re willing:
@BobKarnaugh
@TBJK because I can’t recall all the lathe teachers but hopefully the chair can :stuck_out_tongue:

Jensen,

Do the self study and send me the password when done. I am usually at the space on a week day evening and then one weekend afternoon/evening, about twice a week. Usually I can teach whenever I come in. This week I know that I am not coming in today or tomorrow. After submitting the password give me the days/times you could come in so that we can work something out.

Regards,
Bob