Training Development SIG

@AlexRhodes will be your best bet…
And thank you!

Is the sig meeting in person anytime soon?

1 Like

I just posted a meeting for next Sunday at 4PM.

I’ll be at the space pretty much all day that Sunday for other classes.

I have no idea how to moodle, but I used to create training courses for artists who’s first language was not English so I have at least a little bit of experience in that department.

3 Likes

Hello everyone. Sorry I haven’t been checking my emails on here for sometime. Tom, I appreciate your interest and motivation, and I’m willing to help in any way I can. I’d be happy to meet with you and show you Moodle, discuss what’s happened so far, and discuss why I haven’t been as active this year. Feel free to call or text me at 314–477–4477.

Hey Nancee!

No need to apologize, what you started was inspiring enough for me to try to carry it on, so thanks for the work you’ve put in. You’ve built a good foundation!

I definitely need help in the Moodle department. Since Alex made me a manager on there I haven’t been able to figure out how to do a thing.

I’ll shoot you a text. I’m booked up until this Tuesday though.

Great! I’ll teach you what i know.

in the meantime, there are a couple power points you could look at that are listed at the bottom of the Training Development SIG wiki page. They are about instructional design and how to write training courses. I don’t know if you already know this content or not, but you might find it helpful.

1 Like

I did see those, but I haven’t gone over them as thoroughly as I’d like, then I forgot where I found them. Thanks for bringing that up.

I gotta say I love the terminology! Your documentation gave me a lot of useful terms, and I’m a fan of initialisms FWIW (haha)