Train the trainers, HAAS CLASS I (CAM)

Yep.
Been there.
Done that.
Still “No W9 on file” and no honorariums. :frowning2:

Ah, I understand. That is a problem with the person processing them, not the system. No suggestion on how to deal with that… Perhaps talk to @Lampy and see what he can do to help?

1 Like

Done that too.
Not his purview.
I hear tell it’s Allen’s, and I can find no venue to contact Allen other than email (or try to chat him up @ the 'Space), which has been done to no avail. We really need a better system for W9 processing, in my opinion. Or maybe mine is the only one that’s not been processed. i don’t know. I just think “newbies” should expect NOT to get honorariums, since it appears from where I am observing that they are not being processed, and there is no venue for appeal.
Again, maybe it’s just me.

I here you. I have rarely had Allen respond to an email, and usually only when I have pissed him off. From what I understand, it isn’t ‘just you’ who are having the problem.

My suggestion is to create an agenda item for the next Member meeting to air the dirty laundry. Perhaps then you can get some response.

3 Likes

Done and Done. Class has been scheduled for 3/16 @ 7:30 in the Purple Room. I have submitted everything for the honorarium to go to the machining committee since you will be my critics for the first class.

4 Likes

me either, and he is is pretty much never on talk.

Just post a bunch of dickbutts around with your contact details on them. You’ll hear from him by the next BoD meeting…

4 Likes

1 Like

Yes. If you don’t take the honorarium for yourself make sure to request it for the committee your doing the work for. It’s how we finance more tools and fixing tools … and getting tools that will help fix tools.

You can get the W-9 downloaded from when you sign up for the class. Until it’s processed neither you or the committee will get paid.

1 Like

If you give your $50 to a committee, you do not have to include a W-9.

1 Like

There used to be a way to mail the W-9 to a P.O. box. Is that option gone? @Team_Finance

1 Like

@snaps This stuff is clear as mud to a newcomer, so here is it in a nutshell.

When you teach a class, you have three options:

1. $50 to you and $50 to a committee of your choosing. (Pay instructor.)
  2. $100 to a committee of your choosing.
  3. No honorarium.

Only the first option requires that you submit a W-9.

The first two options must be submitted at least 240 hours in advance and takes 72 hours to clear the honorarium auditors.

The third option takes 48 hours to clear the calendar admins. And sometimes less if one of them blesses it.

This should be in a FAQ somewhere…

3 Likes

That’s interesting…