Trade Vacuum Tubes with Me

I have a bunch of vacuum tubes in various sizes and conditions. I use them in my steampunk stuff and there is a particular size I use more than any other leaving me with a lot of tubes I likely wont use.

I have no idea if any of these work, and I’ve acquired them from several places.

Below is what I have, what I’d like is to trade for non-working/working (doesn’t matter) In a size that is 5/8" wide, but about 1.5" tall as in this first picture.

I’m also good giving these away in a 3 way trade. I hate for these to just get stored if they can be used, but mostly I’m just looking for tubes in the size listed above.

2 Likes

I can bring my tube caddy in that is filled with tubes of all sizes. You can mix and match however you want. Let me know when you want to do your trading.

2 Likes

None of the vacuum tube testers at DMS can test an 80, but my Military TV-7 Tube Tester can. Let me know when need to test them.

I am looking for some of these; 83 and 5Y3GT.

I will be at DMS from 4-9 tomorrow. Monday if that will work for you. I am teaching from 7-830.

I’ll try to get to DMS on Monday about 5 PM. We can do some horse trading, err rather tube trading, then. I’ll be in Electronics with my big orange tube caddy.

1 Like

Minor update. I have a meeting scheduled later than usual, but still plan to be able to make it about 5pm there. Thanks again!

@richmeyer has everything I brought now. I think he said a lot of what I had in the larger size were TV tubes.

I did the trade with @Webdevel last night. I have all of his larger tubes and you are welcome to have any of them. No 80’s like you wanted. But I’ll check tonight for any 6V6’s and 6AG7’s that may have been in the mix or from my personal stash. The parts list for the Longfeller Radio did not mention which rectifier was used. There were several brand new 5U4’s in the collection of tubes.

I have a piece of old equipment, looks like a vacuum tube grid dip meter, that you can use as a source of parts for your Longfeller Radio. It has a 5 or 6 piece set of plug in coil forms. It uses a 5Y3 Rectifier and one other tube in its circuit, so the power transformer should have enough power for this radio. I do not know what the value of the variable capacitor is. I would like to keep the 5Y3 Rectifier tube but you can have the rest, the 5Y3 is used in my vacuum tube testers that I am refurbishing. Heh…parts is parts!

So glad some of what I had was useful to someone! Thanks again fellas!

@zmetzing I checked the collection of tubes and found a couple of new 5U4 rectifiers, plus a 6V6. Sorry, no 6AG7. Next time I am at DMS I’ll bring these items for you.

1 Like