Touring other Makerspaces?

Wouldn’t that reduce it from a few miles to the gallon to gallons per mile? Not to mention likely causing the Kalifornia Komissars to seize it as a war crime against mother earth!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Not to mention Toyota doing some hefty importing to Frisco this year, among others…

Not to mention that it’s a death trap that traps soldiers inside if it rolls over - due to an IED, for instance.

2 Likes

So I think I did myself a disservice by unknowingly splitting this conversation into two threads.

Ok so this is where I’m at after lunch today as far as planning this event/making connections.

Loose schedule Nothing set in stone
Everyone eats lunch at home/Carrolton
Meet in Carollton 12:15
Makerspace - Denton Library (The Forge) 1-2p
Open Workplace - Stoke Kary Montz is the contact but unknown who will do tour 2:30-3
Makerspace - The Factory - manager will be calling me back within two days
Creative Reuse center - Scrap - Kari will show us around shopping if it’s desired 4:30-5
Eating/Social/Drinks - Eastside

Maker Meetup in the works (they have food trucks so people can eat dinner and is within walking distance) on the list to invite (everyone from tour):
Techmill, denton maker collective, denton startup, open denton, Denton we do it, Kyle Taylor, dime,
This is for me to plan tomorrow during lunch - but I also have a call with the city so it might take two days.

I’d like to make a decision about transportation ASAP please help me out by answering the following (this is if you are thinking of going)

• Drive my own transportation
  • Rent a van and pay $20
  • Get a driver/bus and pay $40

0 voters

Thank you Nick, I had missed that thread

I have to check out the Acme one, that is a little over
5 miles from me

I wish I could afford a studio space there