Tour of DFW MakerSpace

Will anyone be at the DMS to give a tour tonight? I am looking to join, but want to tour the facility.

Can’t make it over tonight, but I’m sure there is someone who wouldn’t mind. Tomorrow is the normal tour day.

Tomorrow night would be best But if you knock on the door opposite the lobby and tell someone what you want
Most time someone will be willing to give you a tour

1 Like

@trinimontes Hopefully you got to see what you wished. Or do you still need a tour?

1 Like

I would still like a tour, but will have to do it when I have time to. I know this topic is about woodshop tour, but does anyone here know if they have an embroidery machine?

We do in Creative Arts. Its a training required machine and the class is generally held monthly.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. Is it an industrial machine? Do you know the make and model? I’d like to read up on it. Also, how often are training classes given for this machine?

From the DMS tool wiki:
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Tools#Creative_Arts_.28Crafts.29

Thank you for the info

Yes, its the Babylock.

Classes show up on the calendar periodically. Just narrow down by department and watch for it in Creative Arts.

@ladysandry are there any embroidery classes coming up next month?

I put up a day time class for this coming Monday, should go live tomorrow noon I think. Other than that I usually teach it once or twice a month at various times (often right after work hours but occasionally on Mondays during the day).

@trinimontes

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/10927

3 Likes

Just do not confuse the Babylock embroidery machine with the Babylock Zest, a regular sewing machine, like I did.

3 Likes

Thanks Bill, I just learned we had a new Babylock brand Zest!

Edit- I need more coffee and I’m showing my age here but

“you’re not fully stitched, unless you’re Zest fully stitched!”

3 Likes

We have two Zest machines.

The intent us for them do be the “default” machine for most tasks. They’re simple, robust, and cheap. The Janomes should now mainly be used for classes, not general project use.

2 Likes

I’m still a bit flabbergasted that what was billed as a very durable machine is susceptible to such a simple thing as just having fabric pulled through.

1 Like