Tools and the black tool box in automotive

A couple of notes:
I added some new tools to the automotive tool inventory and I cleaned up the pry bar drawer.

The giant pry bar is on the top shelf of the black tool box until a hanger is made for it.

The “pick” tools will be in the drawer currently labeled “cut”

There are magnetic trays attached to the lift columns - to be used for misc nuts, bolts, tools etc when working around the lift or in the automotive bays

There are boxes of gloves on each lift column as well.

To the person that put the orange handled pry bar back in the drawer covered in grease - if you cannot wipe off the tools and put them away clean, then do not use them - bring your own tools or better yet don’t do any work at the Makerspace.

10 Likes

Right On! this is why we can’t have nice things. :grin:

1 Like

To clarify the reason we can’t have nice things is not that people do things like this. It is because we don’t hold them accountable when they do.

4 Likes

I thought there were cameras filming at all times. If so, can’t someone in charge identify the culprit and let them know?

Identifying the culprit is not usually the problem. Our members are entirely too kind hearted and always make excuses for the perpetrator, so rarely is anything actually done to remonstrate the culprits. Even when we have had thieves, we have had members defending them, in one case worrying about the thieves child when he would go to jail. In others, where the theft was of lesser value, trying to explain it off as "a mistake’ or an “oversight”.

1 Like

You will never have rules if you are unwilling to enforce them.

3 Likes

Amen :blankspace: :blankspace: