Took an Ornament Blowing Class Last Week

If you are looking for a lamp work glass blowing class maybe for Christmas present ideas. I highly recommend going to Brandon at Corporate Image Group. I really enjoyed the class.He is informative and knowledgeable and goes over not just the how to but the why to do things a certain way. Minimum age is twelve so maybe something to do with the family.

To sign up just call him at 512.680.0759. You can find Groupons ( Three-Hour Introduction to Glass Blowing Class for One or Two at Corporate Image Group GSG (Up to 51% Off) ) for him but Groupon takes 50% of the coupon sale so best to call him in person to schedule.

2 Likes

What did you make? Pics?

He does spheres and a tear drop shape. He also has Santa Claus molds you can blow into. My tear drops were much better than the spheres, but I started with the spheres. So they were practice. The ornaments had to be annealed, will post when I get them from him.

2 Likes

Thank you! That was on my list to do this summer, but I never got to it.

1 Like

It was fun and well worth the money I plan to go back for more classes.

There is a place in Grapevine that has great project classes. I’ve taken them and had a blast. The cost was not to bad. They do Hearts at valentines, beer cups in March, pumpkins in fall, ornaments at winter. They are very chatty and full of interesting info.

If you are really interested in learning it as a profession UA teaches it.

There is a 501c in Ft Worth SiNaCa Studios that provides glassblowing and sand casting. I have not been there, but reading their online info. the classes seem steep.

2 Likes

The place in Grapevine is https://vetroartglass.com/

Been several times myself and it is a lot of fun. The Fort Worth place is for when you get more serious. :wink:

3 Likes