To all the animal lovers give your pets a bit more love tonight!

So,
I’m saying good bye to my cat Claus this evening. She is no longer willing to walk or feed herself and we just heard from the Vet that we have an appointment tonight to put her down. I know it is the right thing as pets really can’t tell you how bad they are. So please give your little and big one a little extra love from me and Claus tonight.

7 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss.

1 Like

I’m so sorry.
I hope you don’t mind, but for folks who might have missed, there’s a pic here.

4 Likes

I’ve gone through that twice relatively recently. Sorry Nick, cutting onions over here.

1 Like

Very sorry. Been there. That really sucks. :frowning:

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that Nick. I’ve been there too and it’s so hard. :heart::heart: I’d love to see a picture of Claus when you’re feeling up to it. Edit: missed the post by @jast . What a handsome kitty!

1 Like

Thanks everyone,
She seems comfortable right now. Just giving all the love we can now.

5 Likes

When I lost my lab years ago it was like losing a good friend. Always there to welcome you, love on you and listen to your troubles. Pets are definitely part of the family. Sorry for you loss Nick.

1 Like

Much love to you and Claus. What a tough duty that is, and for me it has also felt ike a privilege to be able to help bring them that peace.

1 Like

Awe, so sorry to hear it:(
Best of luck with the transition.
Hope you’ll consider giving another buddy from Operation Kindness or like minded places a second chance when the time comes.

1 Like

So sorry for you sir.

1 Like

We said goodbye.

Thanks everyone. Here is her last picture purring in comfort.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about that Nick!

1 Like

Sending virtual hugs your way Nick! Looks like you and Claus were lucky to have each other :heart:

Will be giving my kitties an extra snuggle tonight for sure :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

Very sorry to hear about your loss.

1 Like

Sorry Nick,

It’s amazing how those furry little f—ers wiggle their ways into our hearts.

We have 3 dogs and 1 cat here… and it’s a heartbreaker every time one goes.

2 Likes

I’m coming coming close to have to make that similar call with our lab (13-14 years old). She is having bladder issues for the past few months.

Lol she likes to lick the couch.

Many years ago, probably 8 or 9 years ago.

3 Likes

@Nick you can have these pooches. I know how much they love you.

3 Likes

That’s one of the hardest decisions you can make as a pet caretaker. Sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Ooo I’m so sorry.

1 Like