Titan 28 cutter settings

I’m looking for settings assistance with the Titan 28 cutter. I used the machine Friday night with no problems, but this afternoon when trying to use the cutter head doesn’t want to align with our vinyl roll, despite the paper setting reflecting the 14" width we use. The cutter either swings wide left or wide right, off the page either way. Someone was apparently using it and changed the settings, because the force setting was over 240. I can not figure out how to recalibrate the “home” position for the cutter head so that it will cut within the 14" width we’re using. I did find out how to send the cutter from the left side of the machine to the right by taking it offline and using the arrows, but it still won’t cut within the 14".

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. By the way, we’re now out of black vinyl after my $14 in errors.

Thank you.

Paging @Starreyedgirl - need black vinyl. Presumably the stick on type vs the heat press type.

1 Like

It is the stick type. There are three boxes on the floor here with the name Richard Meyer on them. If that is Space material then there are new blue, red, and black rolls. Can you confirm if that is Space or personal?

Any idea how to reset the head?

Belongs to the expansion project if it has Rich’s name. I think he brought them down here so that when someone was helping him with a sign, he didn’t have to be on site to provide the material. Likewise, rolls with Motorsports belongs to that committee.

As an FYI, when I was at michaels the other day, they’ve begun stocking Oracal. Albeit not in the 14” width…

1 Like

Did you push “reset” ? Turn it off and maybe computer off and restart?

I did; it appears to be a Titan issue, not a software (computer) issue.

What about the print options or layout?

It did that to me once…but i cannot remember what i did.

How would I check those? I’m at the Titan computer now.

Re do a new document and test a small word

I just rebooted the computer and re-powered the cutter; I confirmed all settings that I know. The software shows that it will print from the lower, right corner, but the cutter is starting in the middle of the page and, if my object was longer, it would cut off the left side of the page. Using paper now, so a bit less expensive. I will be up here a while longer should anyone have any suggestions.

I thought the issue might be with the Titan settings themselves because the force was set so high. I thought someone might have set to their own necessary specifications and I simply lack the experience to set them back to “normal”.

Not sure what to do :confused:

1 Like

We fiddled enough that I think we nailed it. I’ll order some personal 14" rolls. Thanks CB!

1 Like

:clap::v::+1: sweeeèt

1 Like

Got it, ordering now

Sounds like you need to set the origin point so the cutter knows where to start from. To do this, start in offline mode and use the arrow keys to get the blade to the lower right corner, then hit the enter button to set the origin. It’s on page 15 of the starter guide.

1 Like

Thank you for the info! More is always better.

Thank you,

Will Hodge

This i did not know