Time to Buy 10mm Wrenches

@Team_Automotive there are currently zero 10mm wrenches. Ordering a dozen should keep the demons fed for a while.

Careful - their appetite has no known limits.

5 Likes

This improved my opinion of Harbor Freight a lot:

https://www.harborfreight.com/10mm-metric-essential-socket-set-10-piece-58957.html

4 Likes

Have you looked in the toolboxes of the welding and machine shops?

Tools migrate

If they were seeds, there would be Makerspaces popping up all over the DFW metroplex by now. And beyond.

3 Likes

We do have sockets. I found a few deepwells misfiled

1 Like

“IF” the customers that use the Automotive area and tools, would only take a few minutes to wipe off the tools and ACTUALLY put them in the correct storage places - this would be “Excellent”.

One can only dream of such actions.

3 Likes

I do try. Though sometimes all I try is people’s patience. Not intentionally though.

You are a DMS member, not a customer.

Yes I do! This has been a topic many times on TALK - “Member vs Customer”

A “member”, gives more than the monthly dues. Be it time at the Space, teaching, helping others, volunteering, donating materials, equipment, etc. Or if the member is really naive or just wants self induced punishment - they become a chairperson.

A “customer” is just that, they may or may not pay for a month of membership and “USE/Abuse” the DMS - be it the Automotive area, wood shop, lasers, or any other dept and are never heard from again. Automotive seems to make the TALK headlines about this more often than other areas of the Space.

This summer will be 8 years for my membership(not as a customer). This also means my donation of the twin post lift in Automotive has been in service almost 8 years as well. Time flies!

1 Like

I did find one in the machine shop. That’s how I managed to remove the rear brake calipers from my F-150. Unfortunately one of the bolts has a dampener on the end so the only tool that will work is a 10 mm open ended wrench. I wiped it off and returned it where I found it.

1 Like

They are replaced, let’s see how long they last.

3 Likes