TIG Electrodes / Gas Lens

There are no more lanthanated 1/16 tungsten in the cabinet. Plenty of 3/32 and 1/8.

The 1/16 gas lens installed in the torch yesterday was extremely tight. I was able to get on the flats to remove it, but it looked like someone cross threaded it or tried to crank down to tighten the tungsten (erroneously). I put a 3/32 gas lens in, but then decided I was done for the evening. I did put the 1/16 lens back in the organizer in the top left, which looked like the “random used bits” section if anybody wants to do a postmortem.

1 Like

I’ll take a look; I know I need more class materials for the dynatorch and electrodes. Lenses is news to me but I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve just been damaged over time.

As a reminder to everyone, the bits in the cabinet are for teaching purposes only.

1 Like

There seemed to be plenty of new 1/16 lenses. Just that one I took out was roasted.

Duly noted on the cabinet. It was open yesterday to the world. It would make sense to price that stuff. I just put money in the kitty, the cure to all ills… /s

It was probably left open after the classes; it’s too much trouble and lots of variation to maintain supplies for users. Kits are easy to come by but harder to keep track of as shared sets