Thursday Tours on 5/17 - Help needed

We are going to be busy Thursday night.

PR announced the DMS expansion on Facebook. As of this morning that has been seen by 7300 people. IF 1% show up for a Tour on Thursday night that would add +73 people to the usual 40 people.

If you are available to run a Tour, it would be appreciated.

The feedback from the Membership Meeting was to keep Tours positive. Rainbows and Unicorns only, please. Does not mean lie, does mean pick and choose your comments.

If you have a spare few minutes. Please clean a little more.

8 Likes

I will make sure that something is going on in JSM during the tours and will offer
quick make and take if they want to come back when they finish their tour

I need some cookie/popcorn tins

1 Like

Is there another PR committee meeting thurs night>

Steve and I have discussed this, and here is factual information about our Expansion.

INSTRUCTIONS TO THE TOUR GUIDES:

Expansion is a wonderful opportunity and it will likely attract many new members. We want to be positive about this opportunity, but remember that we are still early in the process.

Please do not speculate about anything …. people tend to remember those things for a long time and they remember them as commitments, not possibilities. Please do not repeat anything from the internal forums or from hallway talk – even though we’ve announced that we’re expanding most information is still available only to members.

KEY TALKING POINTS

• Our overall footprint will be about twice our current size, with a total size of 36,000 square feet.

• We are very excited to have this opportunity to expand. This expansion means more working space for the committees along with the opportunity to add more classrooms and possibly some new capabilities. [DO NOT speculate on what those capabilities will be].

• We anticipate that we will begin “build out” (i.e., making that space suitable for our occupancy) beginning September 2018. When the initial construction is completed we will start moving and expanding Committees, one at a time.

• We are just beginning the detailed plans. We have not decided which capabilities will go where, or how much space they will have. We are working to fit committees into locations that are most suitable for their needs; both technically/functionally and to best serve the members.

6 Likes

Count on me to fill a guide spot

2 Likes

I’ll be there for tours and PR meeting.

2 Likes

There will be a PR meeting at 6pm on Thursday in the Purple Classroom.

(These type announcements always sound like the solution to Clue. Colonel Mustard, in the Library, with a Shrubbery.)

3 Likes

Uh I cant really run a tour, i may can help anothrt way. Dont know how feasible/if theres a want for this but if someone could put together a button template for the 1.5 buttons that had the dms logo and a qr code to the “why to join” or “how to join” splash page or “x” dms website, I would be happy to make the actual buttons (if creative arts is ok with their supplies being used). They could be handed out at the beginning or end of tours? I have no clue how to make the image for the button though so i wouldnt be able to throw one together in time for this evening.

1 Like

Gyaaaah… So many people would like to attend these but can’t because they’re so early in the evening. Can you schedule one that begins later in the evening every 3-4 meetings please to allow others a chance to attend?

3 Likes

I have been scheduling PR Meetings to be in front of tours on Thursdays.

They are fast 45 minute meetings. With so many moving pieces happening with PR. I like the weekly meeting format.

We have 2 options.

I can run 1 in 3 or 4 AFTER Tours. IE 9pm.

We are talking about getting these On the internet and so people will be able to remote in.

There is a lower tech version which would be to add a conference call feature. This can be done pretty immediately.

Give me some feedback on preferences, please.

Tour night was not too crazy last night.

AND thanks everyone for showing up to cover. That was appreciated.

OK, so what’s the visitor count? (Inquiring minds want to know). :smiley_cat:

1 Like

It was about 25 people.

Advertising is odd though. It might be next week that the crowd hits or not at all.

We also had 6 people in from Monterrey Mexico earlier in the day. They are working to add a Makerspace in to a high school. That could become a very cool “sister” Makerspace. They are taking the plunge.

Thanks David K for helping with them.

3 Likes

My gut says that the tours will pick up in size in June Lots of folks involved in end of school
plans, Memorial Day plans and even some yard work