Thunder help - mentor needed!

I would like to find someone who can help me with using the thunder to cut and engrave acrylic. I have Adobe Illustrator files that I need a little help converting to the Thunder’s software as well, so if you know Illustrator, that would be a plus. Thinking maybe 45 minutes worth?

I work days, so nights and weekends are my only availability. There’s a hamburger or beer in it for you!

Glen K

1 Like

If you’re using clear acrylic (or colored transparent) you might consider flipping the engraving and engraving from the back side. Depends what you’re going to use it for. It’s still plainly visible but the front surface looks nicer (IMO).

Thanks, John. Yes I’ve already reversed the image such that it will appear correct and on the bottom of the clear acrylic. I’m more needing actual time with the software and machine to get something done and I just really don’t want to try it myself without someone who knows what they’re doing there. Thus the need for an Illustrator saavy person to help me out.

Hey Glen. I’d be willing to help you out on your project if you found our previous talk to be helpful!

So Weird! I never got an email that this was posted!! Of COURSE I’d love your help!! I’m available M, T and F nights and then next Sunday the 9th as well. Name your times!

Sunday miiight work but it would need to be afternoon/evening since I am flying back into town that day. How’s that sound?

Sunday afternoon would be perfect! Name the time and I’ll be there! Thanks again!!

Sorry for the delay! Looks like I can be at the space around six or seven, providing that the flight I’m on is on time. Does around that time work?

Absolutely. I’ll probably be there by 5, so I can get my name on the Thunder list, if there’s any backup of users. See you when you get there.

1 Like

I would also love someone’s help walking me through cutting and engraving on the Thunder. I took the Laser Training Course already, but it didn’t really include hands on training, just overview.

Would someone be willing to spend 30 minutes to show me the ropes? I have files to test with.

Thanks!

I could help, though this week is pretty tricky for me. What does your availability look like? I recommend a week night since the laser is more open on those days

1 Like

I could meet tonight after 9pm or anytime before 6pm tomorrow. early Saturday is also an option for me