Thunder classes in January 2020?

Last I checked the calendar, I don’t see any scheduled classes for the Thunder lasers. Will there be classes this month?

I will be scheduling some for next week/the week after. I cannot this week, I will be busy until Sunday.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll look forward to signing up and seeing you soon.

I will be at DMS today for the noon class.

The event calendar says today’s class is full. Can I still attend? I just got my membership and key moments ago at the end of the tour.

At this point, I’d just go back to the Laser area, and see if Kris is back there. It’s so close to class time that I wouldn’t expect that she’d be on Talk, but she’s probably in the building.

Advice in general for full classes:

1. Ask the instructor if they will make an exception and allow you to attend. I generally try to set class size so a) everyone can see b) questions can be asked and answered freely, but still in scope of the allotted class time.
  2. fly Standby. Show up a little early and let the instructor know you wish to take the class if space is available. Sometimes, students do not show up for class yet do not cancel. Perhaps they forgot they registered.
  3. Request the committee offer more classes. Committees need to recruit teachers and make sure there are incentives for them. The incentives can be $$, but also calls to duty to give back to the community or help grow it. But $$ is an easier sell.

You’ve been added to the Ad group. You should be clear to use the lasers.