Thor Leather Sewing Machine Class Interest

I haven’t seen too many classes posted lately for the Thor Cylinder Arm Leather Sewing Machine.
Is there any interest in getting a small group together to learn how to use it?

It’s something I was looking forward to following the vote a couple months back, but have been very starved for time due to work deadlines at my studio.

1 Like

Also looking to learn the Thor.

I vaguely recall the primary instructor had a busy schedule recently. Not sure where that stands or who else teaches it

Paging @matthshooter

1 Like

I’ll be posting classes for the 24th - I’ll do a couple and a project class or two.

If I’m up there I’ll run you through the machine without a class, I’ll try and post in advance when I’ll be up there.

3 Likes

Sounds great. My hope is to become proficient enough, working on my own projects, that I could eventually get signed off to teach it, if there is interest in sharing the load. I’ll sign up when it goes up :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll be hosting an open sew/project sewing/office hours class/event for the Thor machine and I’ll be bringing my own industrial as well on Sunday

1 Like

Definitely on my list to learn / teach (in time and after much practice). I have a number of large projects this would greatly speed up.

*shudders to consider hand-sewing 40 linear feet of leather hem at 4mm per stitch.

I would definitely want to learn how to use this. I’ll keep an eye out for classes…

If you can make it Sunday I will check you off on the machine

1 Like

That would be great! I don’t really have any leather projects to work on though.

Will there be leather to demonstrate the coaster class on? I’m hoping to be able to learn that, as it sounds like a good teaching project.

I’ll be bringing some spare leather I have no use for, just in case anyone needs some to learn with.

1 Like

I’m delayed about 30 minutes if someone can put up a sign