This Saturday 1/27 - Estate Tool Sale in Richardson

This upcoming weekend, Saturday, Jan. 27, we will be doing something a little out of the ordinary for Dowd’s Vintage & Antique Tools. We are running a garage/estate sale in Richardson to help a lady clear out her late husband’s garage/workshop. There won’t be many vintage tools, but we will be offering a ton of items essential in the workshop.

There are many hand tools, both electric and “unplugged” - drills, a router or two, router jigs, wrenches, socket sets, hammers, hand saws, clamps, etc. There will be many shop consumables - drill bits, sandpaper, hardware. There is a power washer, and some stationary power tools.

For those who like vintage machinery, we will be offering some Delta Milwaukee HOMECRAFT tools - a table saw, a 4 inch jointer, a lathe, a sanding disk/grinder combo - as well as a Walker-Turner Jointer (6 inch, if I recall), a BELSAW 12 inch thickness planer, and a mid-century CRAFTSMAN shaper (think router on steroids). There is a smaller shaper, as well, which is an import. There is a Craftsman grinder on the stand. These tools cover a broad spectrum, from woodworking to plumbing to automotive. There are many imported tools, some still in the box, that will be sold cheap.

Special pricing consideration will be made for those who make a pile of items, as opposed to one or two things. It all needs to go on Saturday, as the lady wants her garage back. No REASONABLE offers will be refused. If you are considering the larger machines, you’ll need to bring help to load them, as I have been unable in the past to convince Tracy to load them for you.

This is a “CASH ONLY” sale, so hit the ATM before you come. The sale officially starts at 10AM, but we will be there earlier doing lay out. We will be closing at 5PM.

Saturday, January 27, 10AM to 5PM
747 Snowden Dr., Richardson, Texas

We will be posting some pictures on our Dowd’s Tools Facebook page if you would like a preview.

We hope to see you there!
Lynn and Tracy Dowd
Dowd’s Vintage & Antique Tools
972-271-8665

4 Likes

Is there anyway of snagging that plunge router? :laughing:

The early bird will get the worm.

Just wondering … Any vintage film cameras for sale? Thanks!

There is a telephone number listed at the bottom of the original message.

Ok, great! Thank you for the feedback! I’ll give them a call!

I just called the number … No cameras.

How early of a bird will be shot at? Hoping to start my collection of clamps with some of the stock shown in the pictures.

Rich, thanks for the heads up on this sale. I went to breakfast and showed up at the sale around 10:00PM. There was very little parking close and many items had already been sold. There were about 20 people milling around looking for bargains when I arrived.

I found a few items and made off with some pearls. I purchased a workmate shopbox which was almost new, a break over bar with sockets, a nice saw air tool, some miscellaneous items including some fishing gear, wire and tape. They cost me $50 and I’m sure I could have negotiated a cheaper price, but I felt I was helping the widow clear her garage so I didn’t.

There were some interesting finds, which I couldn’t justify buying, but which would be useful and valuable tools. There were for instance a number of steel case Black and Decker sanders, drills and saws which I would have bought except I already have a set.

I hope some of the rest of you were able to take advantage of this sale and help with clearing her garage.

2 Likes

Ditto on the thanks! I picked up a 40’s Delta table saw in great condition as well as a bunch of good ol’ USA handtools!

Side note: yes, you can fit a tablesaw in the back of a Camry if you can dismantle it :joy:

3 Likes

For those of you that missed this sale, Dowd’s Tools has regular sales events. Their next sale is on Saturday, March 3rd. Don’t miss it. Check out their next event at: