This is the thread that we talk about DMS Picnic

Just registered, can I pay for my tickets with cash? Thanks again

So fr $60 I can make it a live and digital auction (like people can continue to bid at the picnic I guess - Iā€™m trying to see what that looks like) along with making payment available with a credit/debit card (cash would be in person). I think this is worth it in the long run. Iā€™m just waiting to hear back from everyone if they think we should pull the trigger on this. Iā€™m ready to but I donā€™t want to spend money without someone else saying ā€œya, that seems pretty goodā€. I kinda run quick and sometimes donā€™t see the bumps along the way I need someone looking out for stuff like that.

2 Likes

I like the idea of a live and digital auction. There is a bunch of stuff that I would like to bid on right now.

2 Likes

20 things will be live as fast as I can get them done (any more and itā€™s a feeā€¦website was drowned in fees) Bedtime for the little is 7:30 so hopefully I can sit down and focus on it for a bit.

1 Like

Is he the one who was doing the RFID chips?

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if my husband and daughter can go yet, Iā€™m waiting to buy tickets until then. Iā€™ll buy them as soon as I can! Thanks for the reminder, work and life have been busy the last month or so!

2 Likes

Yes I believe so

I totally get it. I think everyone is forgetting or waiting to hear. Sadly this has cost us the jousting ramp and Velcro wall - Iā€™m still holding out for the cotton candy machine @Adam_Oas

It is still a week away, but the weather forecast is hinting it may be a windy day, around 15 mph. Rain will hopefully hold off until well after we are done.

2 Likes

SWEET! I can walk from my house!

Despite what Google Maps claims, lately the best route from DMS to the park has been Josey, Belt Line, Kelley. Even through a school zone that route has been consistently faster / less aggravating than 35, Bush.

Going Josey to Keller Springs crosses the railroad tracks twice which raises the possibility of waiting for a long slow train. Donā€™t go that route.

Even on weekends there is ample parking at the school. The parking lot at the park is usually full.

4 Likes

I am bringing pecan pie, isnā€™t there a spreadsheet or something?

Oops thanks for the reminder.

Signed up for a couple things

1 Like

I intended to send out a reminder email. Buuuuuut I totally forgot my laptop at home today. Everyone might get a reminder email to sign up for something about midnight today.

Canā€™t wait!

3 Likes

Still thinking on what to bring. Deviled eggs are always a hit thoughā€¦

5 Likes

How many chafer setups do we need?

Two for sure. Pretty sure the meat comes in covered trays but it would be much more sanitary if it was an easy lift off. I didnā€™t buy any because of storage for right now.

Good idea :heart_eyes:, your last batch at pot luck was great. Donā€™t forget suggestion to get peeled hard boiled eggs at Costco, about a 75 cents more per dozen ā€¦ but well worth the savings hassle. 2 dozen come in 4 packs of 6.

3 Likes

I HAD forgotten! Iā€™ll keep that in mind, totally worth saving the time boiling and shelling, too.

1 Like

So sad in someone so young.

2 Likes