This is the thread that we talk about DMS Picnic

As I mentioned in another post - the cutoff for the ticket sales will be on the 23rd. Just keep that in mind. This is going to be fun - it’s a bit fast paced but we will make it work.

3 Likes

So far things I have donated for the silent auction:

1. @wandrson dulcimer stick
  2. @MrsMoose digital print
  3. @Diplomat chainmail bracelet
  4. @jeffbob yeti cups filled with candy
  5. @jeffbob a small collection of wood for turning

What I’m thinking would work really well is if all the @Committee_Chairs would be in charge of collecting items for a basket reflecting a specific area/the makers who would be willing to contribute and we package it up. @Team_PR would you be willing to put together some shirts, a cup or two and a tote for an item?

I’ve put in calls to WoodWorld and Tanners asking for donations - both manager and owners were out yesterday and I’m calling again today along with others. If you are willing to help let me know.

1 Like

Sure thing. We can make up a kit-o-DMS-gear.

2 Likes

I made a shelf in the closet and started a list on the whiteboard of people and items talked about.

2 Likes

Alright guys it’s going to be brisket and pork for our meat sweat selections.
Potatoes for the vegetarians

Grills are available if you want to come and grill out - but I’m not planning on buying anything for that.

3 Likes

I’ll see if I can wring some things out of CA committee at our meeting tonight

2 Likes

Nicole,

If you call the new Tandy Leather store in Allen the General Manager might be willing to
throw in some things. Tell him that Jeff Whitcomb, one of his very first customers, referred you.
I spoke to him about donating for advertising and promotion. He should be amenable.
Let me know what he thinks/says.

I will have a good box of wood for some lucky turner with big bucks.

Jeff Whitcomb
2100 Bowling Green
Denton, TX 76201
800-969-9368
cell-903-203-9463
“The only good sense is one of humor, without it all the others are worthless.” JCW
[email protected]

4 Likes

Posters went up yesterday around the space so hopefully we can catch everyones eye.

Ken has kindly agreed to bring a bit of flair (check out the sign up sheet): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TI40HM9R625AAH4G6ztqe2HBgfIbqlNuwBbeftOicHg/edit?usp=sharing

Things that have been talked about for the silent auction (plus more information): Note @Robert_Davidson is going to bring a hell of a heavy hitter to the table (I will be fighting you for it): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OJe_0bZyhdxqzS751Tk44SyQr9deE80iUuDbjY6ZNAk/edit?usp=sharing

1 Like

I might bring my safety glasses (I was there when it hit the ceiling last time)

1 Like

SAME. @Robert_Davidson has his silent auction donation gamr ON POINT

1 Like

Make mental note…
hair in bun
sharpen nails
call mom and have her ready the bail money (yet again)

6 Likes

I will bring just bowls and LN2, no high pressure rigs this time. :rocket:

4 Likes

Not to put some pressure on people but I only have 24 tickets “purchased” for the picnic. If you’re interested in going please make sure to go to the calendar and put down some money to lock in your position. Tickets need to be purchased by the 23rd. I have several listings based on how many tickets 1,2,3,4,5 (increments) you want to purchase (remember if you’re a big eater crank up that number). We’re keeping the costs down to as low as humanly possible by having us bring sides (link to the form in the calendar writeup). I realize this is a casual event - I just need to make sure the food is taken care of AKA paid off.

Not calling you guys out - you responded to the RSVP via the form so just wanted to remind you - take your time, but hurry up: @sebraun , @austinz, @creaturecarousel, @MrsMoose @BenjaminGroves @rbox80 @MellissaRhodes @missydee1206 @tmc4242 @StanSimmons @Cairenn_Day @talkers @LisaSelk

5 Likes

LOL

Thx for the gentle reminder… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I won’t know how many tickets I will need until I know if the boys will be coming with me or not. I’ll be sure to purchase any tickets I need as soon as I know for sure. Thx again! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bought mine this morning actually :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just picked up 2 $45 gift cards from hobby town. Take a look at the list. It’s getting kinda yummy

2 Likes

If we wind up a little bit short I’ll kick in some extra cash to help cover. Note: This is not an excuse for you to not buy a ticket! Just sayin … :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have FUN/BIG news. Dan Queuedo is a member and a tattoo artist.

He is donating 2 1X1" DMS logo tattoos (holla all our DMS couples) and one 2-3" 2X2" tattoos. He’s said he’s willing to work with a bit of creativity. @Haley_Moore forever for real.
It has time constraints must be done on a Saturday or Sunday and must be scheduled.

This is not a drill. You can now get a tattoo of the DMS logo.

5 Likes

You just want to make sure I buy cake.

2 Likes

@BenjaminGroves Is auctioning off a BBQ lunch experience with him!
@Heather_Williamee is auctioning off a custom portrait
We got tattoos, we got dragon skulls, hahahah you have no idea how much this is cracking me up.

4 Likes