This is the thread that we talk about DMS Picnic

Might I suggest you post this as a separate thread (or I can split it off for you)? I fear that it’s buried down in this thread and people don’t realize there is an action required.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Lisa or @John_Marlow would it be possible to pin the google form to the top of the board just till Tuesday around lunch?
After that we will have concrete plans to move forward with.

1 Like

Do you want the other thread that I linked above to be pinned, or ?

The important thing I suppose is a bit of information about the picnic and the google form. It’s going well - but would like to catch as many as possible.

Here ya go:

:blush:

2 Likes

They do. We’re going to have them cater our son’s graduation party.

1 Like

They do cater or at least have take out on a massive scale

Someone call them up and get a quote for 100. It’s a good start. Seriously don’t know if we could ever beat this deal from Dickeys. We got the serious hookup meat sweats deal.

1 Like

So I talked my wife into making cupcakes for it. Not Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines. They will be made from 100% scratch.

7 Likes

What is this … scratch you speak of? It sounds so strange.

2 Likes

That’s flour, spelled F L O U R, not F L O W E R. Yeah, they’re two different things… :laughing:

2 Likes

Lol. I’ve been told it’s like crack. She doesn’t make them hardly anymore. This is what she made for her niece.

Lmao, the irony that today is my 2nd anniversary with the cake next to my name.

5 Likes

Noticed that. Couldn’t parlay it into a good joke, though. :laughing:
Those LOOK awesome. I can feel my blood sugar rising just from looking…

1 Like

The Oreo cupcakes have an Oreo baked into the middle of the cupcake. I’m personally not one for sweets. I don’t care for cakes, candy or chocolate. Bluebell though, I will eat it.

2 Likes

My definition of “scratch” is when I scratch open the box.

Seriously - I admire and respect her for making those from scratch. Wow!

4 Likes

Ok guys, the event is submitted. We are asking $5 each person. Dickeys is catering meats, rolls, and sauces everything else is up to us. Should be up in 48 hours.

Sign up sheet for food: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TI40HM9R625AAH4G6ztqe2HBgfIbqlNuwBbeftOicHg/edit?usp=sharing

We are going to have a raffle

6 Likes

How about like onions, pickles and jalapeños?

I will ask - I’m not sure. I know our hookup doesn’t include ribs.

2 Likes

It is up now: https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/2495

2 Likes