This is the thread that we talk about DMS Picnic

Alright guys - we have funding for the picnic!

3 Likes

Alright in an effort to be totally transparent - here is a link to the contract to rent something via Carrollton. http://www.cityofcarrollton.com/home/showdocument?id=3892

Dates for Mary Head:
May 13 - before 3 or after 5
May 14 - totally open
May 27 - Open after 4
May 28 - Open
June 4 - before 2 after 6

Dates for McInnish:
They donā€™t rent

If anyone wants to check other parks please do so ASAP

Ran into a bit of a hiccup - they wonā€™t take reservations over the phone. I suppose its because you sign a contract and give a tooth at the office. I will get this done as soon as I possibly can. Iā€™m limited today and I have a shot tomorrow where I canā€™t drive afterā€¦so Wednesday after school?

@Kriskat30 suggested I talk to caters I put in one call - going to put in two more (rule of three with me).

Iā€™m free today if you need to me to drive up there to make the reservation. Just text or call me.

Are you a purchasing officer- I think you are but Iā€™m not sure?

1 Like

Oh no for sure not. Sorry, I had an airhead moment and forgot that we probably needed to put down a deposit of some sort. Sorry!

1 Like

MARY heads park 5:30-7:30 Saturday may 27th

Iā€™m reserving it as I type this.
@Team_PR

More info in a minute when I can sit down at a computer.

5 Likes

Deposit is down.
Things are in the works but not finalized.
Please do me a favor and fill out this google form so we can start estimating how much food will need to be ordered (weā€™re looking at getting it catered)

1 Like

Drat, Iā€™ll be in Ft. Lauderdale that weekend.

Will you check the google form for me and see if itā€™s working ok. I had someone at work check it but just want to check someone outside of LISD

Itā€™s taking me to the admin part of Google forms when i click itā€¦ got around that by hitting the share button and shared with myself to fill it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe try this link? https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf0oUiw8mIp--8GUz57lJ_ovPXOAlBhQK_HmLwdgucro77RXQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

I know the owner of Dickeyā€™s BBQ, he said they could cater the event for $500-$600.

3 Likes

Have him contact me if you donā€™t mind.

1 Like

Not a problem, send me your contact info

@rbox80 for the win! Got a fantastic quote from Dickies from his buddy. Hopefully we will move forward quickly and get this going for everyone.

8 Likes

Bar B Q sounds great to me!

I was going to suggest the Old House BBQ since some of us have a habit of going there on Sundays, but I do not know whether they cater and their web site does not work for me. Dickeyā€™s is good.

Hey guysā€¦I need help estimating. Please fill out the google list. So far I have nine people deciding the fate of this thing. Tuesday decisions will be made (food, activities) and acted upon. We donā€™t have much time. So if you want to have a sayā€¦

3 Likes

Thanks for the excellent effort! Keep up the great work

3 Likes