This is the thread that we talk about DMS Picnic

Here’s a form I whipped up to gather some information on the picnic that isn’t official, has no budget, no date, no nothing nada zilch. But a form and a thread on the internet.

7 Likes

Info about the two parks in question:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/mary-heads-carter-park-carrollton
Still not in love, look for one yourself:
http://www.cityofcarrollton.com/departments/departments-g-p/parks-recreation/parks-trails-and-natural-areas

• McInnish Park (fishing, large field, sports, 220 acres)
  • Mary Head Park (playground, large field, huge pavilion, 12 acres)
  • I’ll suggest a park - neither twirl my toes

0 voters

Can you modify the poll? Always being difficult, I think there is a fourth answer ('cuz it’s the one I would pick). “No preference”.

2 Likes

McInnish Park also has a trail for the Elm Fork Nature Preserve.

2 Likes

We could dumpster dive after the logistics throw away and have a maker easter egg hunt like no other!

5 Likes

Ok I updated the form a bit. If you’re curious please take a look-see. If you have suggestions please let me know how it could be better.

It’s not “live” as this isn’t an actual picnic yet.

@LisaSelk I tried to edit the poll and it said I needed a moderator - sorry @John_Marlow I didn’t think about it when I was making it.

Can we really launch rockets there? As in other than water rockets?

I will check - I was thinking simple rockets. I like that you always think of things that catch fire.

2 Likes

I thought it wasn’t possible after votes have been cast, but I can try… Though, if it lets me, members may wish to resubmit their votes. Do you want me to proceed with trying it at this time?

Ya I feel stupid about it.

Try to see if you can do it. If we can’t we will just do another one and just figure it out at the end.

Don’t be silly!

Oh and it won’t let me edit it… not because of the votes, but because of the amount of time that has passed.

My opinion? Just leave the poll as is… If members don’t have a strong preference, they can leave the voting up to those who do… Again, just my opinion for what it’s worth. :blush:

1 Like

Which park has more Pokestops? Is one of them a Pokemon nest? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I can’t believe I didn’t think to factor that in. Great point!

3 Likes

But will there be cake?

Always cake. Always.

3 Likes

Here are some cost estimates of food based on a 100 person party. I’m estimating 2 hotdogs and 1.5 hamburgers per person - I would rather be safe and spend an extra $100 to ensure everyone eats rather we run out of food…it’s the mom in me. Take a look-see I’m sure I’m missing things. I estimated all on Sam’s because I could get the numbers online. I’ll be back with a 200 person party just for giggles. So I formatted it a bit strangely. The blue highlighted was the “product” I decided to go with. Let me know what see what you think and if I’ve made errors. The more I think of it- the more I think we will hit closer to 200.

I’m not sure how much charcoal its going to take. This is a world that I’m unaware of.

2 Likes

I just saw your agenda item for the board meeting. I’m switching my vote from McInnish because I cannot make June 4.

Is that still a thing?

It was such a rage at The Space last year even among some rather unexpected people. Now, nothing is said about it.