Things to do while socially distancing

Well, I kicked this whole thing on the 17th by watching Dropkick Murphys live st. Patty’s Day performance on YouTube.
Since then I have been getting caught up on concerts that I missed out from New York, Chicago, Edinboro, different places around the world along with looking up old stand up that I haven’t seen in years like original Robin Williams, George Carlin, Gallagher Etc from the 80s.
While doing that, I have been finally Gathering all of my recipes into one place (considering putting some of them together as an ebook), cooking a lot and trying to find the motivation to clean and reorganize the rest of my apartment.

Well 100 humans, it is interesting. Especially happiness effect.

Saw this in the Rock Auto newsletter I got this evening. Some good points.

4 Likes

This is about how today went at my house…

2 Likes

Viveport Infinity is like the Spotify of VR experiences with I believe 800+ titles
It was announced yesterday that it will be free for 2 months starting Thursday

If you have a Vive, Vive Pro or Oculous Quest I suggest trying it out.
There are about half a dozen VR titles I’m evaluating for CAD Modeling & Design so that I can teach it online

I’ve always been more of a parametric (engineering type) designer.
But I’m hoping this will make it easier to naturally create mesh models via natural hand movements to sculpt with your hands. Creating things with dual 6 Degrees of Freedom controllers in my opinion makes a 2D x,y mouse and click keyboard seem archaic as the main Human Interface Device used since the 1960’s

Or you can just play one of the 700 games

1 Like

Care to take a virtual tour of Carlsbad Caverns?

6 Likes

I’ll see your Carlsbad Caverns and raise you the Great Southwest Holes in the Ground Tour…

https://www.livescience.com/31700-grand-canyon-animation.html

https://www.psi.edu/epo/explorecraters/barringertour1.htm

https://abeljames.com/capulin-volcano-360-virtual-tour-with-spatial-audio/

1 Like

Well since the store didn’t have any pasta or sauce, we made homemade pasta & sauce from a couple cans of tomato sauce we found. It’s been years since I made red sauce from scratch (IE just tomato sauce) Good god it was time consuming for our first time but we learned. Not like I had anything else to do anyway.

9 Likes

Tim is, was and has always been a maker-hero.

3 Likes

Tim thinking “I think I’ll make some pasta from scratch…Let me get out my tools…”

vs. Me thinking “I think I"ll make some pasta from scratch…Let me get out my tools…”

Wonder if I’ll get the same results…

In sincerity, Nice work! Did you use “special” flour? I’m told one needs to use 00, which I don’t even know where to get, but I’m pretty sure wouldn’t help me anyway.

If your bitten by the pasta making bug. Chef steps is offering their pasta classes for free,

2 Likes

It’s the rigatoni extruder. I figure it is best to practice now, so if supplies get in any shorter supply, I dont have to worry about fubaring a batch. I just got the pasta press the other day.

1 Like

i’ve been using this time to FINALLY work on a blender tutorial (3d modeling software)

it’s something in the range of hours and hours long. but once you get past that learning curve you can use free 3d software to do a lot of really cool things.

3 Likes

Just did my 2020 Census online.
Took less than 5 minutes.
Seemed much shorter than the last one I did.

2 Likes

Make bagpipes out of recorders and a garbage bag!

Perfect to drive your house bound family crazy!

10 Likes

What great gift packages to send to people with kids you don’t like for stay-at-home-activities!

1 Like

On a related note … I found a good set of tutorials that, for the most part, actually show the newest Fusion 360 UI and menus. YouTube channel by Product Design Online. (I have no affiliation whatsoever).

All the prior tutorials were totally frustrating because all the UI info was outdated.

2 Likes

speaking as the daughter of a bagpipe player I fully endorse this level of chaos making!

1 Like

I always knew there was something odd about you!

:crazy_face:

I got all this mess of oddness from my pops…who would have loved makerspace

2 Likes