Thermoformer Assistance

Hey!
I am in need of some assistance with the thermoformer machine. My understanding of the logic is fair but I’ve never used one before.

I 3D modeled, printed, and set up the electrical for my Daft Punk Guy Manuel helmet. The last part I’m stuck on is making the visor…

Supervision and guidance would be much appreciated!!

1 Like

@dryad2b

3 Likes

Typically we run a class first. Remembering that next week is Thanksgiving, what day/time might work for you?

2 Likes

I’m typically available any week day after 4pm!
I noticed on the calendar there wasn’t any specific date for a machine shop class, so I thought Id give a post a chance. I apologize if that isn’t what the topic page is about! I’m new here…

1 Like

I remember a member struggling to get a good daft punk helmet visor, I believe the mold buck can’t have any undercuts and should probably have vent holes. You might have better luck forming inside a cavity than over a dome. Very similar to this. https://youtu.be/RNAc0C8nApc

3 Likes

Good morning Beth,

Recently you assisted me in becoming a member. I would like to learn about the Thermoform machine so I can safely use it (I have some Kydex I would like to form), and would enjoy learning more about the machine.

I plan to be in the shop mid afternoon on Tuesday, how long is the training?

Also, when we last met, I mentioned my friend who is a Master Seamstress would would love to have a tour, and also check out the Fiberfoly (sp?), and will likely join as well ~ are you ok with Debbie joining me on Tuesday, if you are available?

*Thank you, *
~Marc

I’m going to chat with Capt tomorrow about putting an actual class on the Calendar. That’ll be at least 7 days out, so probably after the whole Thanksgiving/Friendsgiving weekend. Are Tuesdays always good for you?

1 Like

Only every 2nd Tuesday is good, this coming one is good (23rd), then Dec 7th

1 Like

Does Makerspace have that type of vac setup?? I’ve only visited the space once the other day so I’m not sure if I remember seeing it or not. Would be a great solution! I can see it not working as well, with my luck it’ll be off measurement from the original object… but I do have other projects that require the machine! If it fails ill figure something out.

General guide for the machine

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Vacuum_Former

5 Likes