TheLab.MS at Plano Art Fest

Just ran into the TheLab’s booth at Plano Art fest. It would be cool to have DMS folks go out and support. Free parking and no admission fee.

3 Likes

Calling … @Team_PR … I think it would be great to make it out to many local events and other events.

3 Likes

I see that there is a festival in Carrollton in November (Festival of the Switchyard). It’s mostly live music (with food vendors), but it might be a great opportunity for us to set up a booth and increase our membership drive.

6 Likes

I agree, it would be great if DMS could have a table at art shows and could display things made at DMS. Small craft projects (like button making) and demos at the table could be fun. I have limited time but I would be interested in helping out with this.

It would be cool if there was some sort of moving or interactive or light-up display. Something to attract attention and show how awesome we are!

Yall could ask Art if you could use the LED’d Mouser sign I’d give it 50/50 I’m new here so I don’t know how that would pan out. Check the April projects. People could play with it with their phone via bluetooth.

2 Likes

I’m not certain we want to advertise mouser outside of DMS. I didn’t know it had LEDs … it looks great!

Check out the hackerspace in San Francisco called Noisebridge and their beer bottle led wall.

This is just begging for a video or animated .GIF

1 Like

Thank you, I just built it today

2 Likes

I meant to let us see the sign running, not to put into the sign.

I wonder if we can do something similar with the DMS logo and put it on some wall somewhere. It might look great in the common room.

1 Like

They also had small craft things for passer bys to make. Like little leather rounds and a press so they could make a button.

2 Likes