THE Science Fair is in Dallas this year, and they want volunteers!

ISEF or Formal name: Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) from May 13-19

I think they pinged me because I’m an EE, but this is the world’s science fair, so they want all disciplines and languages. There is an volunteers’ kickoff next week OCT 18.

RSVP to Kickoff

Below snips of what Sharon Snyder sent me.

When? October 18, 2022
What Time? 5:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m.
Where? House of Shine
334 S- Barton Street. Grapevine

Hello all,

I wanted to remind you about the upcoming Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) Kick-off event at the House of Shine in Grapevine on October 18. If you are unable to attend, but are interested in knowing more about how you can spread the word about the upcoming ISEF, and/or serve on a Committee or help during the week of ISEF, please reach out to me and I will be sure to get you connected in the area of interest. Feel free to reach out to me at: [email protected] or 770-317-1268.

[…]

More than 1,800 high school students from around the world will be coming to Dallas for the Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) from May 13-19 to compete for nearly $8 million in awards. Every year, thousands of individuals contribute their time and energy to Regeneron ISEF—as interpreters, event volunteers and judges. More than 500 volunteers and 200 interpreters across a spectrum of activities will be needed, and volunteer opportunities will be available during the week in a range of shifts. We anticipate needing 1,000 judges in 21 different categories to volunteer their time on May 17. Student finalists overwhelmingly say that the most significant interactions that they have at the fair are with the judges. Likewise, judges find their discussions with these outstanding students to be a positive and uplifting experience.

3 Likes