The Prophecy Has Been Fulfilled

5,000 years ago, sumerian astrologers foretold of a day when the staubli robort arm at DMS would finally be operational. No one believed them. By our estimates, it was going to be roughly another 5,000 years before that arm would be operational. But, @kobin and @drwaky , the chosen ones, were shown divine favor by the God Enki and have made the dead walk once again.

The robotic arm in science is operational.

30 Likes

Yes thanks to @drwaky for figuring out how to load the existing program onto the pendant! Still haven’t figured out how to connect to my laptop but we know how to run programs now.

10 Likes

REPENT! Forsake these graven images and idols. Thus leads the way to Skynet.

9 Likes

Good job, @drwaky! You have saved us all from the horrible fate of NOT having a robotic arm!

5 Likes

It is alive! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sure is!

4 Likes

Well, the hard work was done by @kobin there. I had just held the dead-man switch for a while and entered some commands on the old-school keyboard. :stuck_out_tongue:

A long journey remains ahead of us, but at least we now know that one of the robot arms works. We should figure out how to write and transfer our own programs to the controller, build a better and more stable supporting structure for the arm, and connect the other one too (to a different controller thing).

Amazing adventures await us in the robotic world!

4 Likes

Clearly we need a proof of life video though! :smile:

2 Likes

Just in time! Because the U.S. Supreme Court today expanded the right to bear arms in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association, Inc. v. Bruen, Superintendent of New York State Police

3 Likes

Granted I only skimmed about 8-9/135 pages, but I think this ruling reduced effects of the unconstitutional restrictions the state of New York placed on United States Citizens’ right to possess firearms, the protection of which right is guaranteed by the 2nd amendment and further defended in the 14th…if I understand Judge Thomas’ words correctly.

What does this have to do with robot arms?
It’s all about bear arms, right?

4 Likes

Or bare arms:

2 Likes

They DID spell things weird back then. The old dummies didn’t even know there’s no F in Congress :smiley:
\s

2 Likes

3 Likes

Must be a Proud Bear … he’s got a grenade. Neo White Bears are the worst and give other bears a bad name.

2 Likes