The poison of talk

Cairenn, thanks for the nice reply. Not sure what an elevator speech is, but I’m tall, skinny, old, blunt, and proud. I also have COPD [genetic condition] which limits my mobility.

I am impressed that you are still active and productive w/ your vision problem. Sometimes, disabilities foster amazing things. I have a niece who broke her back while preparing for a career as an Olympic downhill skier. She found a way to be her HS valedictorian, get a degree from Stanford [pre-med] , decide to not pursue medicine [her father is a Doctor] and instead compete in the downhill events in the Paralympics. She won one bronze [Nagano] and 3 silver medals [SLC]. Then she “retired” and had a daughter. After a few years, the competitive urge returned and she switched sports [to recumbent cycling], went to the London Paralympics and won 3 gold medals. Retired again, but very active in the Paralympic organization. Did motivational speaking for many years. Has a TED talk. Is now entering state [Idaho] politics. Everybody in ID knows her so she’ll win easily. I’m proud of her and in awe!

1 Like

This would be fine. But many talk threads start with that but devolve into old grudges.

1 Like